Saturday, October 08, 2005

Whew!


There's less than 12 hours left to submit pictures for the Fourth Annual Blogger Boobie-Thon! If you haven't checked it out already, you need to! And submit a couple of pics! And while I'm more interested in getting people to participate, if you want to let us know you've participated, that's fun too! There are a number of HNT regulars who used current or prior pics for their covered boobie shot, and quite a few that bared all for the uncovered boobie shot! To those who are hesitant, I offer this--your boobs will simply be one pair in a huge sea of boobs. No faces, no butts. Just boobs. Pretty good anonimity, and there are only an extremely limited number of people who might recognize them. Unless, of course, you let us know which are yours! To those who have confirmed that sort of thing to me, my thanks. I feel honored to share!
I have, over the months, been quite remiss in thanking all of you for joining in on HNT and making it what it's become. There were 5 of us that did this the first time, and I honestly thought that within a couple of weeks, we'd get bored with it, and move on to something else. Instead, it's still developing into an important social part of our blogging experience! I've had 2 friends this week make the comment to me that I'm "addicted" or "obsessed" with HNT. I protested, then thought about it. I am. And many of you are too! To some, it's a thing to do on Thursdays. To others (and you know who you are!), you're so anxious to get started on Thursdays that you'd prefer to post at noon on Wednesday and enjoy the ride! Whichever side of the fence you ride here, I just say THANK YOU!!! Other thoughts and thanks--
  • I think this past couple of weeks has been a transition period for HNT. I think there were alot of people who bared alot more than skin during this time.
  • Constant participation has taken its toll. Within the past couple of weeks, a number of HNTers have written that they're going to take a bit of a time-out. Some are even backing out of blogging altogether for awhile. To those people--take some time to rejuvenate. We'll miss you, and hope you'll come back. Thanks for being a part of this!
  • Many have written that they haven't accomplished any kind of work on Thursdays anymore. Generations from now, the decline of productivity vs. the rise in public nekkidness on a global scale will be traced back to a small band of rebels in the early, early 21st century. Your great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren will be learning about you in high school history classes!
  • I've noticed that, if quizzed about it, I can no longer go to the sidebar and automatically pick out a specific HNTer. There are some relatively new ones that I'd like to go back and check in on, but I can't keep the sites straight in my mind, and end up scrolling up and down the list in vain! I need to come up with a separate, private roll, if that's possible....
  • More to come later......

iTunes: Land of Make Believe, Chuck Mangione

No comments: