Friday, October 07, 2005

Battle of the Sox

I've got a whole huge list of stuff I want to write about, but I ended up drinking beers with Rachel while watching the White Sox walk all over the Red Sox. We drank, ate some chips and salsa, drank a little more, had some fries w/ranch, drank a little more, took some phone calls, talked about all sorts of things, reconnected with one of the bald-headed guys with the thingy from the other night (see an earlier post on her site), drank some more, cursed out an old guy who dared to make demeaning remarks about Veritek (that was her doing...I just drank), then decided after the game that we should leave and go shopping for shoes and underwear. I still don't understand why it's so difficult for women to shop for underwear. Then we called it a night. I need to take a nap before I spend time online tonight. But don't worry. I SHALL RETURN!! (with a vengeance!!)

Oh, yeah. It's my very best friend's birthday today, and she had to spend the day at a conference, walking around for hours while waiting to go the airport, then sit on an airplane for hours. Hell of a way to spend it. I will, at some point this weekend, put up some sort of embarrassingly over-the-top tribute to her, but it'll have to wait. Go to Moose's site and wish her a Happy Birthday!

No comments: