Saturday, October 08, 2005

More thoughts....

  • I'm still getting a few submissions for the Mystery Guest posts. Remember--I'm posting them until I get a camera (and I need one before I head to Portland at the end of the month!). It's interesting to see who's submitted pics. And I'm a little surprised that I haven't gotten any from certain individuals... Maybe you're waiting for a really good one...

  • I've made some great friends from HNT. Friends that I find myself wanting to know more about. That I want to someday meet in person. That I want to go drink beer with. That I want to help out when I can. That I can tell/share things with that I usually can't with "real life" friends. Fortunately, I have met a couple of them. Hopefully, I'll meet more in the future. I know I'm not alone in this, but I just wanted to say thank you to all my new friends!

  • Which brings me to something else that I've thought a great deal about over the past couple of months. If it weren't for Blogger or HNT, would any of these people be my friends in real life? To be honest, I don't think so. Would Rachel and I be the beer drinkin' buddies that we are? Probably not. I think part of the problem lies in opportunity--we all do things within our own little worlds that don't intersect with others. If we all somehow lived in the same town, would we run into each other? Would we interact on a personal basis? Or would some of you just be the harried mom with 3 kids at the supermarket? Or the IT guy at work? Or that hot babe sitting by herself in the dark? Or the unhappy cubilcle worker? Sad as it is to say, I think we'd all keep to ourselves. But thank God for Al Gore, we have the internet. We have blogging. And we have HNT!

  • I've been in a relatively positive mood as of late. I need something for Peeman to do his business on. Any suggestions? Remember, too, that I do take requests...
    iTunes Boondocks, Little Big Town
  • No comments: