Sunday, October 30, 2005

Quick update

I had so many people wondering how things went last night, I figured I'd do a quick post. The concert went relatively well and fairly smoothly. As I figured it would. It just gets a little old having to kiss everyone's ass as much as I seem to. The performance was not as good as it should have been--I think fatigue played a factor in that. Unless you are a musician yourself, you have NO idea how physically and mentally exhausting it is to rehearse for almost 8 hours in a 20-hour period, and then be on top of your game for a 2 hour concert. I, of course, was stunningly brilliant and played virtually flawlessly for the concert, but I don't want to toot my own horn. So to speak.

I slept in today (after skipping the open bar reception after the concert last night....). I've been running around taking care of everything in preparation for my road trip that starts tomorrow. I'll be back to post again tonight. Until then...

No comments: