Friday, October 21, 2005

Ever have one of THOSE days??


Yesterday goes down in my book as one I'd rather just forget. No do-overs. No acknowledgment. But I can't. It kicked me in the ass, over and over and over. With really pointy boots (which I sometimes like, but I digress...). HNT was a bright spot, but even that wasn't perfect. Let me list some things for the day:
  • Death in the HNT family (see post below).
  • Another death this week, less publicized, in the HNT family.
  • Snide comments on other sites from some total jerks, but hey, it's all they know.
  • My phone is disconnected in the afternoon without my knowing it. At the same time I'm home waiting for phone calls to be returned.
  • Being made to feel totally incompetent due to the dependence upon others who can't respond to phone messages or emails.
  • Realizing that I'm that way quite a bit myself.
  • Continuing my fight with phone company from the Symphony office, since I don't have phone service at home. It's been rectified.
  • Staying at the office for SIX hours trying to contact people. Have I mentioned I sometimes hate my job?
  • I only got to about 70 of the comments (out of 250+). I haven't seen many of your HNTs. I've neglected alot of newbies, so they will be my priority in the next couple of days. I promise I'll get to all of you (even if I don't leave a comment....).
  • No lunch, no dinner.
  • Blogger had its head up its ass last night. I wanted to post this then.
  • A good friend of mine is having some real life issues. You know who you are--HUGS TO YOU!!! If you're not sure if this applies to you, then it doesn't.
  • Sometimes I feel like Jimmy Stewart in "It's A Wonderful Life".
  • Sometimes I feel like Jimmy Stewart in "The Glenn Miller Story".

The list could continue, but you get the idea. Today won't be as bad, but it's not going to be stress-free.

There were a few good things to list:
  • EDIT--Hell, I forgot the biggest news--Addict was visitor #50,000!! At about 12:45 AM Mountain time. (And I've gotten over 2000 visitors since then--about 38 hrs later!) Anyway, she's the recipient of a prize. Not quite sure what it will be, but I've got a pretty good idea!
  • I was "discovered" by an old teaching buddy from 20+ years ago. We've settled into the Christmas card relationship over the years. But he tripped across my blog, and was duly impressed by my apparent popularity! I blush. I do need to reconnect to him and his family.
  • I won a contest yesterday!
  • I'm pretty sure I've got Brico's contest won, but I'll hold back my gloating.
  • I got notice of some new Mystery Guest pics coming soon!
  • The weather is still absolutely gorgeous these days!
  • Ummmm......

I'm sure there's some other stuff, but it's not coming to mind.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'll post some more later....

No comments: