Tuesday, December 09, 2008

It's Christmas!/Christmas CD/TMI Tuesday #164

Funny how a simple half hour of cartoony goodness can immediately put you in the mood! "A Charlie Brown Christmas" was on tonight. Christmas is here. :-)
My first choice for Christmas CD review is one that goes WAY back to my youth. It's my mother's fault. The CD is simply titled, "Christmas Album", by Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. This album came out in 1968, and was Billboard's number one Christmas album for three straight years. I was an aspiring young trumpet player at the time, and my mother, always interested in doing the right thing to encourage me, bought most of the Herb Alpert records available at the time for me to listen to. I'll admit that, over the years, I've grown to have a much better appreciation for the group, most of whose members have remained fairly anonymous (PSA for you parents who have an aspiring musician in the household--buy them CDs of a variety of performers of their instrument so they can hear what they're really supposed to sound like! Al Hirt was a big one, too--pun not intended, for those of you who got it). Anyway, Mom bought this record, and for every year since, would play it non-stop on Christmas Day. Literally. For at least 10-12 years. She now has the CD herself, and plays it in rotation with some others on Christmas. Anyone who grew up in the day, and recognizes the "sound" of the Tijuana Brass will love this album. My favorite cuts from the album are "Winter Wonderland", "Sleigh Ride", and especially a slow-tempo version of "Let It Snow". There's also a good version of "My Favorite Things", though I'm still wondering when exactly that turned into a Christmas song... The link to this album has track clips to listen to at the bottom of the page (it's Amazon.com). I'll try to do this for each album I do. Hope you enjoy!

1. Do you consider sexy underthings a present for you or your partner? - Since there is no "partner", I find that the utilitarian use of underthings serves a much better purpose. But not one of the greatest Christmas gifts of all time.
2. What are 3 characteristics of "your type"? Have your best relationship(s) been with your type or when you have gone against it? - I'll assume you're referring to the other person. Fun-loving, conversational, able to hold her liquor. Most definitely, the best relationships have been with the "type". The last relationship that lasted for any amount of time was also one of the hardest ones. She was OK with the fun, but her conversational skills were lacking. Until she'd had too many drinks. Then you couldn't get her to shut up. That pretty much showed me that I need to stick to "type".
3. What is on your Santa list this year? - Ooh--Santa could really make me a happy camper if he had both a new Macbook and a 46" flat-screen TV in his bag of goodies for me. Unfortunately, I think I might be leaning a bit on the "naughty" side to really expect either...
4. Generally speaking, who has historically had a higher libido, you or your partner(s)? - Probably would have to be me. Just a horny little sucker, I am!
5. The unsculptured female bush seems to have passed from fashion. What about men, do you think they need to trim and shave "down there"? - Unless I'm being prepped for surgery, nothing sharp is going to find itself "down there". The only person right now that cares one way or the other would be me. If I were to find myself in a relationship, that might be a point for negotiations, but I just don't see it happening.

Bonus (as in optional):What are a few of your favorite things (both sexual and non-sexual)? - A long delayed resolution of a suspended fourth chord; a cold beer at the end of a hot summer's day; emails from good friends; those two tendons that appear when a woman spreads her legs wide open; chocolate milk; a well-photographed breast (or two); the smell of napalm in the morning; the feel/sound of a perfectly struck fairway wood.

No comments: