Monday, December 29, 2008

Interviewed by Queenie!

I've done this previously here, but it's been awhile, and when I saw that Queenie was offering to interview bloggers, I had to jump in. I really like Queenie. Though the poor woman needs to experience what Christmas is really supposed to be like (as opposed to the flip-flops & shorts that she celebrated in...). Here are the "official" rules (be sure to check the bottom--you can be sure I've altered the "official" rules somehow):
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the
questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else
in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five
questions.
1. I have a thing for men in spandex so... if you could be any kind of super
hero, which would you be? What type of powers would you have and would you
be good or evil? Oh, thank God you didn't want to see me in spandex... I wouldn't want to be a specific superhero, but I want the power of shape-shifting (thank you Deep Space Nine). As a shape-shifter, I could become a bird, so I could fly. Or I could become a terrycloth towel, so invisibility wouldn't be needed. I could do just about anything that any other superhero could do. I would probably be good, but have a bit of a benign evil streak in me!

2. We all have our indulgences. The things we turn to when life is crazy
that just calm us or make us deliriously giddy. What is yours? My first answer would be music, but music is generally what makes my life crazy, so that wouldn't be the answer. Actually, I spend alot of time on my computer playing Sudoku. Without using any of the hints or help. I'm also a fan of crossword puzzles and those scrambled message thingies, though I haven't done either in awhile. When I get to doing those, I generally block out everything else, which has a nice calming effect. I don't know of anything that makes me giddy that doesn't also involve travel and money.

3. Tell us about your dream vacation? Where would you go? How would you get
there? Who would be with you etc? Hmmm... I guess it might be fun to check out New Zealand. But Ireland holds my interest, too. As does Prague (family roots back there). There's just so many different places I'd like to see that none really stick out. I do think that there's a small tropical island somewhere with my name on it, though. Who would be with me? If I had the means, I'd through a huge OsParty and pay for everyone to be there (invite only, of course!).

4. Have you ever had any reoccurring dreams? Aside from the ones starring me
of course. :) Tell us about one that stands out. Well, other than the many different ones of you... I don't so much have a recurring dream, as I do have a recurring locale. I seem to have 4 distinct dreamscapes. All cities of differing sizes. And over the past few years, they almost all focus around musical performances. Actually, the preparation to musical performances. It's like a bad soap opera, which is often what it's like in real life. And they usually occur if I've had something to eat late at night like pizza or something with a sharp flavor (as opposed to a PB&J). If I had any artistic abilities, I could actually draw the buildings, the streets, the interiors. I couldn't name any people, or even describe them. I've never dreamt about bloggers (other than you), but a number of bloggers' essences (for lack of better term) have been involved. As well as a number of former students' (like Jane Doe's house, even though it's not at all like her house). Know what I mean? I can tell you that I've never had any sort of dream that resembles a nightmare. I've never woken up in a cold sweat from a dream, or abruptly from something in the dream. I've obviously never died in one of my dreams.

5. You hold a coveted title as host of the infamous HNT and OHNT. Aside from
the never ending supply of boobie shots, what is the best perk of that job? Two things, actually. First, it's opened doors. An unintended and unexpected perk. All sorts of doors, particularly to friendships. Frankly, with people I would not normally expect to be friends with. And that's a good thing. Secondly, and more importantly, the best perk is the trust that I've been given by so many. The OHNT would never work if people thought I would broadcast the names of those who participate. Same with the MGs who don't want to reveal. And it's extended far past nekkid pictures. People trust me with all sorts of secrets. I know more things about more bloggers than imaginable. Secret blogs, family lives, problems with other bloggers. You name it, I've heard it. And you can't believe how much I treasure that trust.

My change to the rules... I'm only going to do ONE interview, so the first one to comment, "Oh, Os, please interview me. I really, really want to do this with you!", I'll interview you (unless you're referring to something completely different...). And when you click on the link up above to check out Queenie, be sure to leave a birthday wish. Today is her birthday!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QUEENIE!!!

No comments: