Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Spirit Checklist

It's almost Christmas, and I thought I'd run the checklist of my usual things that get me into the Christmas spirit. Didn't do too badly this year!

Performances
  • Messiah
  • Nutcracker (x2)
  • Festival of Trees dance (I really miss this one. Wish we were still together.)
  • Misc. church gigs
Music
  • Herb Alpert Christmas
  • Spike Jones
  • SHeDAISY
  • James Taylor
  • "holiday" playlist on my iTunes
  • "holiday" playlist on Pandora
Movies/TV Specials
  • White Christmas
  • It's A Wonderful Life
  • A Christmas Story
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (do I have this on DVD?)
  • The Santa Clause
  • The Santa Clause 2
  • The Santa Clause 3
  • Charlie Brown Christmas
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original, not the Jim Carrey abomination)
  • Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Home/family
  • Tree (and all decorating) up
  • Smelly candles to make up for fake tree
  • Presents under tree
  • Christmas Eve with family at S3's (church gig)
  • Christmas Brunch with family at country club
  • Christmas morning brunch with Mom & Dad (in the morning)
  • Christmas dinner with family at Mom & Dad's (in the evening)
  • Gifts purchased as necessary
Friends
  • Gifts purchased and delivered as necessary
  • 2007 cards mailed out (I suck)
  • Cards/gifts received
  • Internet friends emailed/texted/chatted with as necessary (almost everyone...)
Work
  • Christmas music 24/7 since Dec. 1st
  • Play the snowball fight game online (you simply must try it!)
  • Gift basket food all eaten (only got one small box of candy. businesses weren't very good at this this year)
  • Alcohol consumed on Christmas Eve day (at work)
    Kentucky moonshine (remarkably not bad!)
    Bushmill's whiskey (the good stuff - very smooth!)
    Absinthe (illegal in US until this year; black licorice-y)
    Beer (had to wash it down with something!)

Miscellaneous
  • Stand in line at post office
  • Stand in line at stores
  • Go to WalMart (thank God, no!)
  • Eat Christmas cookie (hopefully this afternoon!)
  • Eat Christmas fruitcake
  • Drink eggnog
  • Drink hot-buttered rum
  • Buy Tom & Jerry batter
  • Sing Christmas carols
  • Wear Santa hat (truly an oddity for me this season)
  • Drive around to see lights
  • Go to Christmas party (not invited to any...*sad face*)
  • Go to Midnight Mass
  • Wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!

Well, to fulfill that last one...I wish I could wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas personally. I caught most of you that I felt I needed to, but still missed a couple. May this Christmas be especially rewarding to each and every one of you! And particularly (in no particular order) to those I associate with the most, old and new: Moose, Kamey, Rachel, M, Jessica, Carnalis, Biscuit, Dana, Vixen, Queenie, Robyn, Ms. I, Ella, Cowgirl, NY Diva, Q. I wish you all the very best!

No comments: