Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Convergence/TMI Tuesday #163

Before getting to this week's questions...did you see the convergence of the moon, Jupiter and Venus Monday night?? A perfect crescent moon, and the two planets in near proximity to each other. Early evening, in the southwest. I don't know if it happens again over the next couple of nights, but the space geek in me just stared at it for about 15 minutes. Before I had to get the symphony set up. Wish I had my camera with me...(I know--I don't want to hear it)

1. What are your turn-ons? - These are awfully open questions... I'll go with what turns me on in a woman. Intelligence. Humor. Sense of style. Grace.
2. What are your turn-offs? Ignorance. Poor hygiene. Smoking.
3. Not counting your turn-ons, what's the best trait a person can have? Confidence, but not cockiness.
4. Not counting your turn-offs, what's the worst trait a person can have? Close-mindedness.
5. What's your biggest pet peeve? People who misrepresent themselves. Not quite with lies, but certainly not the truth.
Bonus (as in optional):Describe your best and worst experience. Not sure what experience you're wanting here...I'll go with musical performances. Best--I conducted the orchestra for two years of "Nutcracker" performances awhile back. Easily the toughest thing I'd ever done up to that point. They came off without a hitch, and set the foundation for the current symphony players working on it this year. (I prefer playing to conducting, though) Worst--played in a brass quintet about 12 years ago for a chamber concert. We had four different pieces we were playing, one of them by J. S. Bach. To this day, I don't know what happened, but the trumpets seemed like they were playing a totally different piece. As we went through, the rest of us just stopped playing, and the two trumpets, finally sensing something was wrong, somehow ended on a note at the same time. There is no feeling that compares to the train wreck that we had to sit and be a part of. And it wasn't an obscure piece by Bach. No, it was something that everyone there could have whistled along with. The other three pieces were technically and musically more challenging, and we played them just fine. Just the Bach. We blamed it on the full moon.

Stop by the TMI site and check out who else is playing this week!

No comments: