Sunday, July 17, 2005

Answers for Heather

These are the questions from Heather in Canada. She's a wonderful addition to HNT! And a relative newcomer to our corner of Bloggerworld. Thanks for the interview!

Again, here are the instructions:
    1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
    2. I will respond by asking you five questions -- each person's will be different.
    3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
    4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
    5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. You are in a room of 100 people and Bill Gates walks in. He gives everyone a piece of paper and says "If you all write 1 million dollars on this paper..I will give each and every single one of you a million dollars" "BUT if one of you writes 100,000 dollars on the paper, you and everyone who write 100,000 GUARENTEED that 100,000 and all those who wrote 1 million get nothing"
Do you write 1 million in hopes that everyone else will do the same or do you write 100,000 and get your guarenteed money? why?
    I would probably write the 1 million for three reasons. First, I tend to want to go the extra distance in things that I do. Why settle for 100K when I could get a million? Secondly, in what some may call a character flaw, I tend to trust others too much. Or give them the benefit of the doubt. I would probably assume that everyone else would blindly go for the million too. Lastly, I tend to not weigh all the options. I would not be the 99th guy who has been figuring out the tax implications, or looking for the deception, or for the loopholes.

2. Humanity has destroyed the Earth, but NASA has new technology and you can life on any other planet in our solar system...which one do you choose to live on and why?
    Saturn. I think it would be cool to sit out on the porch with a cold beer, feet up on the rail, counting the rings and watching the moons go by.

3. You have been given the choice to learn of how exactly the universe was started OR learn of how the universe will end..which one do you choose and why?
    I'd want to know how it started. And what existed before it started. I doubt that the universe will end in my lifetime, so why worry about it? And if it did end in my lifetime, I'd rather not know how I was going to die.

4. Would you rather loose your ability to hear or your ability to talk? Why?
    No hesitation here--I'd rather lose my ability to talk. I'm probably close to using up my allotment of words for my life already. And I'm pretty good at playing Charades. I think I could communicate just fine without talking. I've actually aready experienced the hearing loss--it sucked. I spent about 3 weeks with almost no hearing in either ear due to a sinus infection that worked its way into the ears. It was so bad that I could be within a foot of a ringing telephone and not hear it. Fortunately, it finally cleared up, but as a musician, that was the scariest three weeks of my life!

5. Every child has dreams...When you were a little boy...what did you dream of being when you grew up? Are you what you wanted to be?
    I was going to be an astronaut. I grew up as a young boy in the the glory days of NASA and the early space flights. I was determined to pilot the Fireball XL-5 (bonus points for anyone who catches that reference!). I could give statistics about all things space when I was in second grade. I am flabbergasted by the fact that a majority of my readers were born at some time after moon flights were curtailed!
    For the second part of the question--I'm a semi-employed, mediocre musician with no real life and no real plans for the future. I don't believe that particular dream ever surfaced in my youth!

iTunes: Dr. Feelgood, Mötley Crüe

No comments: