Sunday, July 10, 2005

5 Questions Interview

This is one of "those" posts where you find out something about your host. Ago-go ran one of these, and I asked her to "interview" me (per the instructions). Little did I know that she'd ask questions that would require some thought.... They made me think; they made me cringe. Hopefully I don't offend or disgust anyone with my answers! And if I do, tough. Deal with it. Anyways, here goes, but first--

Here are the instructions:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions -- each person's will be different.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1) if you could no longer be a musician or work in the 'industry' (i.e., a music store, a cd shop, the music booking/promo industry, etc.) what kind of work would you do?

I hate to say this, but I like customer service! I've always been a little irreverent when dealing with people, either at a counter or over the phone. Sometimes to the point of excess. But I've found that most people like the change--not facing the "plastic smile and courtesy" persona. But there's no money in that. To do something that makes "real" money would require training--back to college or a technical school. I've been fortunate enough to never have a job requiring a coat & tie. I'd need something like that. I know I couldn't work at home--I'd never get anything done. And it would have to tap into my artistic side. Maybe web design. Maybe photography (primarily outdoor photography). Or maybe be a helicopter pilot. That could be a good time!

2) you meet the perfect woman: smart, beautiful, all the good stuff, she even like golf! i mean 'the one' and you're in love. however, she's the same age as your youngest 'legal' niece. do you go for it?

This one took alot of time to formulate an answer, and I'm not sure that it's adequate. One that doesn't make me sound like a pervert. To set the parameters--I'm 48, my oldest niece is almost 20, and we'll be talking about females here. And I'll assume that "go for it" means "get married". Age has never really been a concern to me in my friends. Most of my friends these days are in the 25-30 range. I've got some theories as to why that is, but won't bore you with them. I highly doubt that I'd find myself romantically/physically involved with (certainly not "in love" with) a 20 year old girl. Primarily because of that word--girl. They have a great deal of life to learn first. And they seem to have a great deal of drama in their lives. I firmly believe that no one should ever marry before the age of 27.

On the other hand, I would have no problems being friends with or going out with someone that young. But don't think I go out trolling for that age group. And "going out" avoids using the term "dating", and all that is apparently implied with a "date" these days. I guess I'm old-fashioned in that respect. If the girl doesn't have a problem being out with me for dinner & beers, I've got no problem. I've gone to concerts with young ladies in their early 20s. Hell, I even took a 4-day/3-concert road trip with one. The point being--I enjoy the company, the conversation, the experience. I'm not looking to get laid, and I haven't met one who's offering. If someone of that age has no problems being out with a guy old enough to be her father, then neither do I. They don't expect anything from me, and I don't expect anything from them. And I'm too much of a gentleman to take advantage of them if they got too drunk to protest.

Finally, like I mentioned earlier, I don't look at age as a factor in my friends, male or female. But I am choosy in who becomes my friend. If the example as you presented it in your question ever came to life, then I would say that I would probably go for it, at least as playmates, if the situation was right. If the question relates to marriage, I guess I'd say not.

3) the Fantastic Four recruits you and you get to pick your own superpower. what is your special talent, why did you pick it, and how will you use it?

My immediate thought was to be invisible, and all the nasty connotations that presents. But after giving it some thought, I think my superpower would be Mind Control. Just like the Jedi. "You will not go to war." "You will create an operating system that doesn't require a security upday every three days." "Britney, you will not procreate." And when I was out of my Fantastic Four uniform, I would use it to strictly for personal gain.

4) you are forced to either lose all your body hair (including face! no beards) or have your head go totally bald. which horrible option do you choose?

This one wasn't too tough, other than being just a little confusing. I'd have my head go bald. Even if it meant my face. I've often thought about going totally bald, but then my head would look like a bowl of lumpy mashed potatos. But that would still be better than a totally hairless body. That would just be wrong on so many levels....

5) what's your relationship deal-breaker?

Two things. First--abusing my trust. I am a very trusting person and generally will give people the benefit of the doubt. I will tell people things that I probably shouldn't (see #2). I've been burned by this in the past. Don't lie. If you get caught at something, admit to it. If it's a minor thing, I can forgive, but not forget. If it's a major thing, adios! Secondly--lack of communication. I hate secrets. I hate finding things out from a third party. I hate not being in the loop. If I don't catch on to something, beat me over the head with a 2 x 4. Whatever. Just communicate!!!


So there you have it. If you want me to interview you, let me know in my comments. Later, y'all....
iTunes: Anything For You, Gloria Estefan

No comments: