Friday, October 17, 2008

Moving on...

Yesterday's post seemed to elicit alot of soul-searching it seems. Almost like I did that on purpose... I was heartened by the emails and comments since Wednesday night. A couple of responses to comments, and then it's time to move on...
  • I think the main focus of the post was missed by many. I'm not a prude. There's not much that I won't go back and look at again! This was not a rant against full nekkidness. Heck, the first two guidelines say that nude is OK, as are sex acts! That pretty much leaves the door wide open, doesn't it? So I say, go for it! But only if you feel comfortable doing it!
  • My rant was directed at the misrepresentation of HNT "out there" recently, and at those who push that misrepresentation. Sadly, I don't think it will be much of a deterrent, though now that it's been brought to light...
  • There were many comments and emails, from both men and women, saying that they had felt pressured to show more. Or that they weren't aware of the guidelines. Many more than I had realized. Those were an affirmation that the post needed to be written.
  • (added edit) My comment about being sorry was not for writing the post (because I wasn't), but for the disruption in your HNT "routines" (**coughcoughVixencough**). I know that many of you in the Eastern time zone stay up late, just to post your comments, so I'm sure my name was taken in vain at least a couple of times. That's OK. It's not the first time, and certainly won't be the last!
  • I urge you to check out Figleaf's pre-HNT post for the week. He writes far better than I, and gave his opinion/view. You'll have to scroll past his cut/paste of my rant to get to his. Just look below the picture of the heel.
  • Speaking of the heel--that was my first HNT from May 2005. After 18 holes of golf. Mother's Day. I shot a 77 that day! Not sure why it blistered, but it hurt like a bugger!

The price of gas dropped to $2.999/gallon yesterday $2.899 this morning! Yes, I know that some of you are paying 40-50¢ less than that, but let me rejoice in it up here! Sad how over-inflated prices from the summer make you excited to see this benchmark...
There was a Jack Ryan marathon on AMC last night. I would have liked to have seen Harrison Ford in "Hunt for Red October"...
I stepped into Shopko for the first time in probably over two years on Wednesday. And there they were--the Christmas trees. And ornaments. And other knick-knacks. Over two weeks before Halloween. The clerk disgustedly said that they'd been up since late September. I walked away with my head hung in shame, carrying my bag with the TWO Christmas items I purchased from her...
Symphony week is going to be an ass-kicking next week. Very busy. My triangle skills are improving, however!

No comments: