Thursday, October 02, 2008

Boobie-Thon '08 HNT

This year marks the 4th Boobie-Thon since I started blogging. So much could be said, but others do it so much better. There are those amongst our HNT community who are breast cancer survivors. There are those amongst us who have had radical surgeries to stop this disease. There are those amongst us who have had to watch loved ones suffer and die (or suffer and live) from/with this disease. Or its cousins.

People often wonder if it's worth it to raise a little money to donate to a cause that needs SO much money fight the battle. The answer is a resounding YES! It may seem like a drop in the bucket, but there's lots and lots of drops that eventually start to fill the bucket. And that needs to continue.

For those who have never heard of the Boobie-Thon, click on the button below to see how you can help. A small donation of $50 is all it takes to get the password to see the uncovered breasts of those who are helping out. You'll see many of your HNT friends over there, both in the 'covered' gallery and the 'uncovered' gallery. Of course, higher donations are accepted! And if you feel that you want to help out by baring your boobies for a very wide audience, they'll be accepting photo submissions through the 7th. All the details can be found on their site.

I count myself fortunate that, in my predominantly female family, there has not been a history of breast cancer (or any of the other 'big' cancers, either. Knock on wood...). Doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. I'm donating to do what little I can to help. Can I afford it? Iffy. Probably not. Am I doing it to see boobies? Actually, after this many years in HNT, no. Will I get a good feeling in my gut for doing it? Absolutely! And truthfully, yeah. There's boobies...


"She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene
I said don't mind, but what do you mean I am the one
Who will dance on the floor in the round
She said I am the one, who will dance on the floor in the round"
This week's Mystery Guest is in the midst of a move, as is her partner in crime. Yep, sneaking away in the night and leaving Blogger in the dust. Not to fear! By the time she's revealed Thursday afternoon, she'll have gotten her new place well on the way to her liking! In the meantime, there were some last minute pictures that had to be taken in the old place!
This week's MG is Rage! She and Temper have defected and run over to Wordpress. Be sure to check out their new digs! You won't be disappointed!


Not quite sure if there was a battle plan or not, but there's definitely more 'maleness' over at "...the Other HNT" this week! Lots of stuff for everybody! It's NSFW, but stop by and say hi to your HNT buddies anyway!
Today (Wednesday) is my mother's birthday. Normally, I'd plaster a picture of her up here, but that just doesn't seem right in the HNT post. No mention of her age, but I'm 51, and she was a second grade teacher when she was pregnant. You can do the math. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!

No comments: