Thursday, October 30, 2008

Choices, Choices, Choices HNT

Wow. There's so many different things I could have gone with today. The obvious route would have been a Halloween HNT, but I'm not feeling it this year. No party plans, no trick-or-treaters that come by, no reason to bother getting dressed up or costumed. I'll probably just watch scary movies (old school stuff, thank you) in the dark.

So, if not Halloween, what else is there? Lots of football going on, but nothing really jumped out at me.

I could do something like early January, 2007, where I took a picture in front of a gas station, with the sign showing gas for $1.99/gallon. Today, it's dipped down to $2.48, and should keep going down. It's nice enough weather to do it to--temps in the mid-60s for most of the week. But I didn't want to rub that in the faces of the poor people in the New England area (heehee...). Speaking of England--did you hear that it snowed in London??? What's up with that? (Please notice I touched on three or four different subjects in this paragraph alone!)

I decided to settle on the election. One week from today, ballots will have been cast and counted, and a new US president will probably have been determined. As well as over 400 Congressmen, almost 20 Senators, and innumerable state/county/local officials, referendums, initiatives and the like. Like all of you (well, stateside, anyway) have been subject to all sorts of billboards, news reports, junk mail, radio/TV ads, etc., all trying to get you to choose their specific candidate or cause. And if you're like me, you're ready for it to be done with. Well, the good news for me? I am!! I went and voted on Monday!

I've never voted early. Nor have I ever voted by mail (new-ish concept in Montana). But I've voted in every general election since the time I was able! I don't know that it was drilled into me that I should vote, but I am constantly amazed/appalled by the number of people who claim to have voted in only one election, or none at all!! What's up with that?? It's the basis of a democratic society to be able to let your opinion be heard! The concept that "my vote doesn't count" is a crock! There's only a few days left to register to vote, if you haven't already. If you're unsure what to do, don't be afraid to ask for help! It's easy!!! And once you're registered, be sure that you use that right!!

So my choices? It's a secret ballot, so I'm not going to tell. Though I think I voted for the winner (and doesn't that just seem to make sense? why would you vote for someone you thought would lose??). And for my choice for a picture for HNT, I chose to show myself listening to the archive of my web radio interview with Turnbaby! Nothing like listening to myself drone on for 90 minutes to put me to sleep! Oh, with my "I Voted!" stickers too!

Like how I was all over the place this week??


A dozen girls’ chemises
drying on a line,
floral lace at the breast
like rose windows in a Gothic cathedral.

Lord,
shield Thou me from all evil.

--excerpted from
Czech poem

This particular Mystery Guest will not be revealing herself. She might let you know if you're right, if you think you know who it is!
Another good collection of pictures over at "...the Other HNT"! Be sure you stop by to check them out. NSFW, as always!
Don't forget to help console poor BTExpress next week! He turns 60 on Election Day--double whammie there! Help him out of his funk with your boobs! Send him a picture of your boobies with some sort of short birthday message on them! Those of you with bigger boobies can leave a longer message! :-P Or better yet--post it as your HNT for next week and share with all of us! Boobies 4 BTE! Don't forget!

Something brewing in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments: