Sunday, July 15, 2007

Things I've learned over the weekend...

*--When the temperature is already 82° at 8:30 in the morning, it's going to be a hellaciously hot day.

*--There's not a rehearsal space in all of town that's got airconditioning.

*--Stage lights add ten degrees to whatever the temperature of the stage, regardless of how hot the temperature is already.

*--One of my regular stage crew guys will be out of state this week. Another one just had an emergency appendectomy.

*--Regardless of how much water you bring with you for a 3-hour rehearsal in an oppressively hot room, it's never enough.

*--While setting up a stage for a rehearsal isn't all that bad, unloading the equipment from a truck up a ramp by yourself really sucks.

*--The temperature this week is supposed to be triple-digits all week, except for Tuesday, when it's only going to reach 98°.

*--The personnel duties that gave me 3 years of grief are giving the same grief to the woman who took over.

*--While it's possible for me to fall asleep just about anywhere, at anytime, I find that I can't get to sleep at night in this heat. And before you ask, no, there's no airconditioning. This is Montana.

*--The movie "Road House", starring the luscious Patrick Swayze (see previous thoughts about that here) is a really stupid movie by the time that all the blood and sex are cut out of it. Yet, it still pulls me in.

*--Fortunately, "The Godfather" keeps it all in, and I could watch it over and over and over.

*--I was alerted to Jeannie's current crisis. Go check the link, and see if you can help.

*--I found out that we've joined the 21st century here. We can order both Domino's and Pizza Hut online now!

That's about it for now. Rehearsal on Monday is in the same place, after a full day of 100+ degree weather. I can't wait!

No comments: