Monday, September 18, 2006

Musical Monday #2

Image hosting by PhotobucketOne of the hardest things about getting involved in a new meme is remembering that you decided to do it! And then coming up with something relatively decent....

This past week was very busy for me, with Friday and Saturday being killers. The concert on Saturday night went quite splendidly. It was well attended, and we played the hell out of the music (Mahler's 1st Symphony and Beethoven's "Emperor Concerto", for those keeping score). But during the last couple of days, I felt like I was drowning in incompetence. It reminded me of a song by the Monkees. Tish had sent me some Monkees mp3s, which got them back into my head. One song that didn't even make it to an album, but could be found on the flip side of "Daydream Believer", was titled "Goin' Down". Basic idea--jumping into the river, calling it quits, but finding that he's floating along, and it's not quite so bad. That's what I'm feeling now. I was drowning, but as this week starts--it's not so bad. In fact, there's better things on the horizon. So I offer to you--the Monkees.

No comments: