Friday, September 22, 2006

Da Count #4

Most of the time, it's the little things that count. The little cogs in a wheel that keep the wheel turning. Sometimes it's not even that big. But without the little things, the big things become totally unmanageable.

I have had this little solitaire application on my computers since the mid-90s. The game is called "Montana". Of course, I had to check it out. I had no idea I'd get hooked. I have played it literally thousands of times. Sometimes dozens of times a day. Sometimes only once. I find that it's a great stress reliever. On a deeper level, it works some sort of logic function in my mind--always looking ahead, anticipating the next 10 plays, looking for the best outcome. It's actually taught me to do that--my win ratio is significantly better now than it used to be. When I'm playing this very simple game, the rest of my problems disappear. I don't think of the symphony, of my friends, of myself, of music, of photography, of much of anything. It's a simple, but great escape. And often so desperately needed.

It's the little things that count...

If you want to read more about "Da Count", click on the button below...

dacount

No comments: