Monday, January 23, 2006

The Weekend

My sister from Portland was here for the weekend. She hasn't been here in awhile, so we did the family dinner thing. This time around, it was a bunch of pizzas, alot of wine, and an obscene amount of beer. S3's family had to leave early to drive out of town for a basketball tourney early Sat. morning. That left Mom & Dad, sisters S1 & S2, BIL1, and me. The short story--alot of lubrication was consumed, and the siblings found out that there's still a story or two from the "old days" that will shock our mother. It was also the first time in years that my sisters and I could swap stories, and find out which ones really happened, and which were the figments of years of imagination. I'm happy (?) to say that all my stories were based in fact. With a small detail or two needing adjustment....

The biggest discovery of the evening? All that pontificating I mentioned in yesterday's post? I was a rank amateur in the presence of royalty. My mother and two sisters brought the art to a completely new level to my eyes! I have a new level to strive for!

S3, S1, Os and S2 w/Dad and Mom.
What a damned good looking family!
At least before the drinking started....


Rest of the weekend was a wash. Symphony rehearsal Sat. AM (after the night of pontificating and drinking), an afternoon of surfing, and the gig from hell Sat. night (why hire a band if no one's going to dance??). Zoned out on football on Sunday. Really looking forward to the Super Bowl! While a Seattle/Denver game has a certain western US appeal, this match-up should be alot of fun! I haven't been very interested in the Super Bowl over the years, but with Seattle in it, and looking as good as they did today, I'm very excited! I'm sure there will be more on this in the coming days!

No comments: