Friday, January 06, 2006

Stephanie made me do it!

The stunningly gorgeous Stephanie told me to do this. I'll pretty much do anything she tells me to. (Have you noticed that there aren't ANY Stephanies that AREN'T stunningly gorgeous? I digress....)

1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before? Started blogging, along with everything else that THAT spawned!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Don't make them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not that I'm aware of....

4. Did anyone close to you die? A few people I knew, but no one close to me.

5. What countries did you visit? Does Tennessee count?

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A little more lovin', a little more money, a little less stress.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 19th--the day that half-nekkidness hit the web; Nov. 1st--got to meet Addict and got to see the Rolling Stones with just.a.girl; Dec. 14-20--taking the best road trip of my life!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Bringing a sense of self-awareness and self-expression to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

9. What was your biggest failure? I don't think I had any real failures, but I'm open for suggestions if you think differenly....

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Only my yearly flu/cold that I'm currently suffering from again. Also took a music stand in the mouth that took two months to somewhat fade away, but left a permanent dent in my upper lip.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My new digital camera!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All of you who dared to show more of yourselves than you ever thought possible. Not just skin, but your inner thoughts, fears and joys.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The assholes and the haters who feel the need to tear down the fun of others.

14. Where did most of your money go? Other than for the basics? Concert tickets/road trips/beer.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to Nashville, with the Portland trip a close second.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? "Tennessee River Run"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier b) thinner or fatter? thinner, actually c) richer or poorer? a little poorer, I believe.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Makin' money.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Spend unproductive time on the computer.

20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve? It's over, but I went to a friend's house with alot of people, including Rachel, and watched fireworks at midnight.

21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Real life love? No. Internet love? Absolutely!

22. How many one-night stands? None.

23. What was your favorite TV program? SVU and M*A*S*H reruns (don't watch alot of TV anymore).

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is such a strong word--I have a great deal of disrespect for certain musicians in the Symphony. Still friends, but on a new and different level.

25. What was the best book you read? I don't read.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Probably would have to be Katie Melua.

27. What did you want and get? The means to get to Tennessee.

28. What did you want and not get? A little more lovin', a little more money, a little less stress.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Only saw 2--Star Wars III and 40-Year Old Virgin. Both superb in their own ways!

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 48, I grocery shopped and did laundry. I know, I'm a party monster!

31.What one thing made your year measurably more satisfying? This is a little redundant--my trip to Tennessee!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Whatever fit/whatever was clean.

33. What kept you sane? Rachel, Nicolle, Kamey, the many new friends I've made through blogging.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? If this means what I think it means--it's a toss-up between Alison Krauss and Diana Krall.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? I have a tendency to avoid paying attention to politics. There's too much crap to deal with.

36. Who did you miss? Nicolle, in spite of the almost daily contact with her.

37. Who was the best new person you met? I'd say anyone I met on the road trip, but Rachel has become a good friend and beer drinking buddy!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. Trusting people to act civilized on the internet is not a good idea.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I've got nothing here. Anyone with a suggestion is encouraged to let me know!

No comments: