Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins: #152 and lots of other stuff...

I was relegated to the kiddie's table again this year. Frankly, I preferred it. Sat with the 4 grandchildren, S3 and BIL3 (even though they were hosting this year). It was good to hear their stories about high school and college. And the ridiculous drama going on at both. Ooh!!! I found out that N1 is a Mac convert! Slowly, but surely, world domination....
A strange thing happened at dinner... Since I'm now watching how much/what I'm eating, I resisted the urge to go back for seconds (though turkey would have the only thing I could have had again). I left their house feeling comfortably full, and wasn't in need of a nap! Who'da thunk it??
Also avoided the urge to camp out at Wally World at 3AM, though the urge really wasn't there. Hope all of you who braved the crazies were successful!
Speaking of crazies--it's all Christmas music, all day around here. Listening to Dean Martin singing Rudolph at the moment. Anyone else want to go crazy??
Another big football weekend in Montana. The University of Montana will be hosting South Dakota State in the first round. The Griz were awarded the #1 seed in the playoffs as the only team in 1-AA (I hate the term FCS) to be undefeated this season. So as long as they continue to win, they'll host until they head off to the championship game! Carroll College is also hosting this weekend. They will meet the MidAmerica Nazarene Pioneers (Kan.) in quarter-final action. Both Montana teams are favored, so it should be a good weekend!


Go vote for Trojan.
From what I understand, she's still stuck in the 30s as far as her overall standing, but is sitting about 3rd or 4th in her age group!! Only one more month to get her numbers up, so be sure to stop by and vote... Daily!!





Don't forget about the themes for December! You can click on each theme up there at the top of my sidebar. Let me know if you have questions!
I was up FAR too long last night watching old Stan Kenton and Buddy Rich videos on YouTube. Yeah--I need a life. But for a jazz musician, there's nothing quite like it. One of the things about Buddy Rich is that he was such a hard-ass to play for. He demanded absolute perfection (from himself, too!) every night. Part of the lore of his band was that someone had taped a tirade of his from his tour bus after a particularly poor performance by his band. Found that recording on YouTube, too! A warning--this is NSFW!!! I mean, this guy makes Richard Pryor's language sound like Mary Poppins! If you think that being on the road as a musician is a cushy job...take a listen!


And...here we go!


1. Wait! Wait, don't forget the Ovaltine!
2. The "Messiah" will be followed at once by the "Nutcracker".
3. The trouble is lurking just around the corner.
4. Sometimes my mind wanders many miles away.
5. With a faint pop the first of the bubble-wrap started to give way.
6. Black Friday sounds like it should be shadowy and ominous.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to catching up, tomorrow my plans include the Griz and Saints on TV and Sunday, I want to take my last breaths before the symphony work starts up!

Be sure to check out the other FFIers!

No comments: