Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins: #151 and other stuff...

The biggest football weekend in Helena starts tonight! The Class AA State Championship is being hosted by my old high school, playing the long-time arch-rival (and only other real powerhouse over the past 2-3 decades) CMR Rustlers from Great Falls. I'll be at the game, freezing my privates off. Fortunately, it won't be bitter cold, but I've lost some of my insulation over the past couple of months, so I'll feel it... Then tomorrow, Carroll College hosts Dickinson State from North Dakota in the first round of the NAIA playoffs. At the same time, the Griz will be in Bozeman, trying to complete another undefeated season, and earn a top two seed for the FCS playoffs. All in all, a great beginning of a long week of football. Woohoo!
I've been wondering if I've pissed some people off, or if my breath is funky, or what... I've tried to initiate some chats or emails over the past week, and I'm not getting any response (I don't want to hear anything from you, Moose). I understand that many people are busy, but geez... If there's a reason, I'd sure like to know!
I hate to harp on the good news, but it keeps getting better. I checked with the hospital regarding what's covered under "100% adjusted". Apparently 100% means 100%! Anything having to do with my hospital visit have been written off. And that is a HUGE relief. The health clinic is another story. I'll be paying them directly. And while it's nothing like the hospital bill, it's still a significant chunk of money that I don't really want to part with. Especially when I checked their bill yesterday and found I was double billed for my flu vaccination! At $56 a pop (between the shot and the administration of said shot), I don't want any more than just the one!
Knowing now that I don't need to squirrel away every penny I find, I succumbed to Verizon's pressure to upgrade. New toy will be delivered today has arrived!! More on that later!
I'm gearing up for Christmas music all day, every day starting the day after Thanksgiving. Pray for me...
I spaced out the Friday Fill-ins until I saw it on BFD's site. Oops!

And...here we go!


1. We need to take ourselves far less seriously.
2. Someone texted me yesterday and it made me smile.
3. If you want to meet me in Nashville, let me know.
4. Zombies are cooler than vampires because they can do their thing day or night.
5. Massachusetts has a proposed 5% sales tax on elective cosmetic surgery; I think it should be based on how vain the patient is.
6. Family makes for a happy holiday.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to state championship football, tomorrow my plans include watching the Griz manhandle the Cats and Sunday, I want to figure out how to use my shiny new toy!

Go check out the rest of the FFIers!

No comments: