Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ultra HNT

Well, there's good news and bad news... The good news is that I was able to drink two Michelob Ultras with dinner. The bad news is that I drank two Michelob Ultras with dinner. It was good to meet up with the girls (D & K). I think the last time was in early August. Before all the fun happened. I caught thirteen levels of hell from the both of them, because I didn't let them know until almost a week out of the hospital. I know--it's sorta sad when you guys find out before flesh-and-blood friends do. That's OK, they were just glad I was still around!

We played keno (badly), we gossiped, they drank beer. I would have too, but everything I read said that if I was going to drink, I had to do it while eating a meal. Makes sense. But with apologies to Vixen, TUG and Southern Girl...Ultra is vile stuff. Maybe I'm a beer snob after drinking primarily microbrews, but DAYUM! The bar we were at didn't have the Ultra Amber, so I'll still give that a chance. Otherwise, my beer drinking will be stuck at Miller Lite. It's painful to even admit that...

As I said, the keno was getting expensive (read: we were losing money) until the very last game we played, where I won enough to actually go home with $20 extra in my pocket! The business office at the hospital will be happy to hear that! To celebrate, I had K's husband take our picture (D on the left, K on the right). What I notice, other than the horse that appears to be centered on my head, is that my face looks noticeably thinner, and that I'm beginning to grow a turkey neck. I suppose I can handle that... (be sure to click! BTE--it's truly SFW)



“Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon.” -- Oscar Wilde

The beautiful Mystery Guest will be revealed late Thursday afternoon. Be sure to stop back and find out who she is!
The lovely MG this week is Southern Girl over at "From There To Here"! Stop by and say hi!

Some wonderful pictures over at "...the Other HNT" this week. Be sure to check out your fellow HNTers! NSFW, as usual.
As we get closer to Thanksgiving, it's time to remind everyone about the three themes for December. It may seem early, but it's better to get everyone thinking about it ahead of time! Look for details with next week's HNT, as well as the theme alert at the top of my sidebar. Those of you who have been doing this for awhile--it's going to be the regular December themes. Why fix it if it ain't broke?





Go vote for Trojan.

No comments: