Thursday, July 16, 2009

Where the Magic Happens HNT

Oh, if this afternoon is any indication, it's going to be a long week. Well, I already knew that. Today was "load the equipment truck" day. The nice, cool weather we've been having ended today. Hot and dry, and getting hotter and drier as the week continues. The good news--I'll have a crew working for me on Friday, so I get to wear my supervisor attitude! Less sweat, but more potential headaches. Also good news (and you long-time readers will understand)--I've already spilled blood! Not serious, by any means, but hopefully I've met my quota for this concert!

The fun starts bright and early on Friday, and goes non-stop until well into early morning Sunday. And in less than 72 hours, this is where the magic will happen...


I could easily be maid for you
Come on now maybe it's true
I could use my talented skill
Or then again do better yet still
Cook for you wash your laundry
Get your head in such a quandary
Tickle you with my feather duster
Create a stir and quite a fluster
Make your bed and warm it too
Cuddling in all night right through

"French Maid"--Christopher Robin


Our Master's Maid will be revealed late Thursday afternoon. Be sure to come back and check in!
Revealing things here a little earlier than normal, but things are about to get really busy this afternoon. Our Merry Maid is Diana! Stop by and see a bit more "cleaning" on her part! And some kick-ass shoes!

Some good submissions for "...the Other HNT". It's nice to get people to contribute in the busy-ness of the summer! Be sure to check out your fellow HNTers! NSFW, as usual.
Once again, circumstances are going to prevent me from surfing tonight. Probably not even until Sunday. Trust me--I will eventually be around to see everyone though!
Oooh!! I did something last night that I've never done before! Not exactly "bucket list" material, but still... I made authentic, fresh, personally hand-squeezed lemonade!!! No frozen concentrate, no powders, no juicer, no strainer, no cheating! Yes, it was messy. Yes, I lost all my fingerprints from the citric acid squeezed out. Yes, there's a seed or two and a little zest in the pitcher, but by God, I made lemonade! And damn, there's nothing quite like fresh lemonade!

No comments: