Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins: #133 and other stuff...

One last post before the weekend. I'll be off-grid until whenever I wake up on Sunday. Hopefully late in the morning. I don't know if it's a comfort level after 11 years of doing this, or if it's really running smoothly, but there hasn't been a single glitch that I'm aware of. Perhaps some on the administrative side, but nothing that would affect the weekend's activities. Just my luck, an errant firework will shoot into the middle of the orchestra, but then again, that would be sorta cool!
Untimely news...somehow the shutter button on my good camera popped off sometime after meeting Amber last weekend. I've found the button, and the spring, but there's one more little piece that I fear is lost. Worse news...there's not a camera repair shop for 90 miles around here. What's up with that? Any pictures I get from the concert will have to come from my little point and shoot. :-(
If you didn't find it on your own, Cute but Evil posted her HNTs this week with the OsShirt! However, there were lots of disparaging comments regarding its tackiness...
Probable bad news on the dad front... He had some blood work done and all his red and white blood cell and platelet counts were low. And they aren't sure why. So he gets to go in for a blood marrow test. If "House, M.D." is any indication, it's where they take a corkscrew and drill for marrow in your hip or leg, and without any sort of anesthetic. I might be wrong. In any case, I don't think he's got a clue as to what he's about to endure. I'm guessing that sitting for 3 hours at a concert is not on the list of approved activities. Nor do I think he'd be interested if it was. It'll be too bad--this'll be the first of these concerts that he'll miss.
The lemonade is almost gone. Some of you seemed surprised. Those of us in Montana are more likely to make real hot chocolate than lemonade or sweet tea. And for the one person who mentioned the syrup...yeah, I made my own syrup for it too!
I had to do this, just to wind down before hittin the sack and getting up at the asscrack of dawn.


And...here we go!

1. Pop Tarts and M&Ms make a quick and easy dinner.

2. Nonexistent is the book I'm reading right now.

3. July brings back memories of summers on Lake Coeur d'Alene.

4. The fall into desolation was obvious.

5. They say if you tell your dreams to take a left at the next light, all your tomorrows will seem like they're in the future.

6. I once had a thought, only to think it over.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to rehearsing, tomorrow my plans include rehearsing and performing and Sunday, I want to sleep in as long as I can!

Be sure to check out the other FFIers! And I'll be back around sometime Sunday!!

No comments: