Monday, February 23, 2009

Things...

Have you ever noticed that in the movies, when a person is pushed or falling from a building, they almost always land dead center on the roof or windshield of an unlucky car? I assume this is done for the best movie effect, but wouldn't it be so much better if the body fell a bit off-center, allowing for far more gore and damage?
I heard a new GEICO ad on the radio where the guy rented himself a 'studio audience' for the weekend with the money he saved. Properly cued to laugh at all the right times. I was thinking it would be wonderful to have even more of that sort of thing in real life. Appropriate music to forewarn us of impending danger, cartoon-ish sound effects for daily pratfalls, and of course, a variety of rimshots to accentuate the punchline of your favorite joke! (cue the audience!) Sounds like some new applications that need to be written for the iPhone...
The tulips from Moose opened up, died, and the petals fell--all in the span of 24 hours over the weekend. It was really amazing to watch! Still looked good for the week that they were here though!
Academy Awards were on tonight. Does anybody really care anymore?
It's seven weeks until Easter, and I've already had my first Cadbury's Egg! Did you know that when you get one this early, they're not sticky or stale or anything? MMMmmmm! On top of that, it's Girl Scout cookie season! Does it get any better than that??
Spent some time this weekend working on a blog template. I prefer getting into the HTML side of things, and always learn something new when I do that. Turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself (though there's some tweaking left to do). No, not this blog.
Started symphony week this past Friday with a couple of rehearsals over the weekend. I went in fairly unprepared, and uninitiated, though my attitude improved after a couple of rehearsals. We're playing Mahler's 9th Symphony, which is a glorious work, but quite intense in its music. I'm not a big fan of Mahler (as a brass player, I should be ashamed of that), but there's stretches of this symphony where I'll struggle to keep my eyes open... Of course, those are offset by flashy brassy sections where we'll shine, but still... Anyway, I'll be in and out of the blogs all week.

No comments: