Thursday, February 05, 2009

Randomness Abounds HNT

Going with a bullet list of diversely random stuff that has nothing to do with my HNT...
  • If you're driving in a parking lot, and the cars are all pointed the wrong way, and the drivers coming at you give you nasty looks, wouldn't that be a clear sign that you're driving the wrong way? Your blank "lost" stare doesn't help your cause...
  • Temperatures have become springlike around here, with nothing to imply that they won't continue for awhile. That puts a smile on my face!
  • Does anyone else find the Hillshire Farms "go, meat!" commercials just a tad creepy? Not like Burger King creepy, but more like a WTF creepy?
  • I do like the hulu.com commercial though. Looks like a great time-waster!
  • I have a zit that grew this weekend on the tip of my nose. Not the top, not the bridge, but the tip. The kind that makes my profile just a little bit longer. What's up with that?
  • Speaking of the weekend--the concert was great. The marimba is finally out of my hands. But the equipment truck is throwing a tantrum. Hasn't started since Saturday night.
  • Had two VERY vivid dreams last night. In the first one, Summer was selling "Naked For Obama" calendars, and was a national phenomenon. Newspapers, TV, magazines--the whole nine yards. The other was a dream about the concert hall where we play being gutted by fire. I distinctly remember directing one person to make arrangements for the only other decent auditorium before everyone else did. I also distinctly remember worrying about those with reserved seating, and how we'd deal with them. The demolition of the entire building happened before we could get inside, and all our instruments were destroyed. Anyone want to take a stab at either of those? I didn't even eat anything weird before going to bed!
  • I've been watching alot of N.C.I.S. reruns. I'm particularly liking the character of Ducky, played by David McCallum. I've missed him since his role as Illya Kuryakin!
  • It was asked of me earlier this week... No, there is no specific theme for Valentine's Day this year.
  • Ever had to wait for something really good to come in the mail that you know should be coming, yet it never does? Currently dealing with that...
  • Went back through my archives, and found that this January is the first in five that I haven't been laid up with a cold/flu/cough/hack. Maybe it's my healthy eating habits...
Didn't find the inspiration to take new HNT pics (last week really did take alot out of me), so I resorted to "cheating". Got a local artist to sketch me (don't ask why I'm wearing a skirt), and a local company liked it enough to paint it on a wall!


I look at you all see the love there thats sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
Still my guitar gently weeps
I dont know why nobody told you how to unfold your love
I dont know how someone controlled you
They bought and sold you.

I look at the world and I notice its turning
While my guitar gently weeps
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps
I dont know how you were diverted
You were perverted too
I dont know how you were inverted
No one alerted you.
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" - George Harrison
Our rockstar MG is Cowgirl! Stop by and get a smooch over at her site!

A little bit tamer over at "...the Other HNT" this week, but still NSFW. Be sure to stop by and leave some comments for your fellow HNTers!
Still don't know what the 'thumbs up' means in Urban Dictionary, but I think that the more, the better! Stop by the HNT entry and click on the 'thumbs up' in the upper right!

No comments: