Sunday, November 04, 2007

More hodge-podge...

Edit: I just realized that no one took me up on the pumpkin guts picture for HNT this week. I'm a tad disappointed in that, I think...

My niece's soccer team won the regional championship Saturday afternoon. They head for the national NAIA tournament in Daytona in a week. My sister (S2) already reserved a hotel room down there, just in case. If she doesn't have someone else lined up to join her, I might make the trip with her. We'll see...
As usual (this is getting a little old, isn't it?) my football teams all won. The Griz have won the conference, and will get one of the top 4 seeds in the playoffs, probably getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs until the championship game in Tennessee. Carroll College is still on a roll (#2). Their defense allowed two TDs late in today's game--the first two touchdowns allowed all season. That's truly amazing!
Bad Bad Girl wanted me to get the word out that she's got a new URL. As of yesterday, she's apparently considered "objectionable"! Sounds like she got flagged quite a bit. I think she pissed someone off or something. Anyway, she's got a new URL over at Wordpress: http://badbadgirl.wordpress.com/ She's also got a couple of new buttons to her site if you want to use them. Go check her out (caution: "objectionable" content!).
My new hairstyle has brought about some interesting observations. Almost everyone says it makes me look younger, so that's good. And that I have a nicely shaped head--no weird lumps or bumps. That's good too! I mean, you never really know about that sort of thing, do you? I've also learned that basic rule of cold weather--wear a cap. I've never been the type to do that, in spite of the fact that you lose most of your body heat through your head. Well, I'm a believer now! And I am now playing with my hair like a girl would play with her long hair. Though mine is now at the length that it feels like velvet. I spend most of the day rubbing myself. So to speak...
As if I needed something else to help me gain weight. I saw this commercial on TV and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. This could be the final nail in the coffin...


No comments: