Sunday, February 27, 2005

Culture!

I've been busy all weekend with rehearsals and preparations for our symphony concert tonight. I had every intention of taking my camera to take some pictures, but didn't realize I'd forgotten it until I got there. Damn! Hopefully the next concert...

As far as concerts go, this one was not my favorite. Mind you, I'm not saying it was a bad concert! It's just that every once in awhile, certain concerts favor different aspects of the orchestra. And that's fine. This particular concert just wasn't spectacular for the trombones. It was heavy on the vocals, however. The Chorale sang a couple of haunting, contemporary sacred pieces. Very listenable, however. Then the orchestra joined the singers for a couple of Mozart sacred pieces. All in all, a very good concert. Just not one of my favorites.

Perhaps the best part of the concert was the fact that I wasn't home to watch the Oscars. I am so tired of award shows! They're so meaningless anymore. And fairly phony. But I'll bet that I would have ended up watching it if I wasn't busy playing my horn!

No comments: