Thursday, February 24, 2005

Blood Results

The numbers are in! All of you medically inclined people can interpret them to your heart's content! The first number will be my results, then the desirable results, then underneath, my numbers from a year ago.
  • Total Cholesterol
    199 mg/dl (less than 200)
    184 mg/dl
  • LDL Cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol)
    122 mg/dl (less than 130)
    121 mg/dl
  • HDL Cholesterol ("good" cholesterol)
    53 mg/dl (45 or more)
    46 mg/dl
  • Risk Ratio (Total/HDL)
    3.8 (less than 4.0)
    4.0
  • Triglycerides
    120 mg/dl (less than 150)
    83 mg/dl
  • Glucose
    99 mg/dl (less than 110)
    92 mg/dl

So in spite of my overweightness and piss-poor diet, I'm not doing too bad. I'm not going to give you specifics about weight, BMI or girth, because those numbers are big numbers. But dammit, my blood's good!

Now I have to call my sister--we've got a bet going on our total cholesterol numbers. The one with the higher number (bad) pays the winner a buck per point. I'm guessing that I'll be eating at Howard's Pizza tonight!!!

No comments: