Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pre-Trial HNT

BE SURE TO CHECK THE POST BELOW! There's a special Labor/Labour Day theme planned for Tuesday, Sept. 5th. NOT a HNT substitute!


As I'm typing this, I've got about 2 hours before I have to meet with the prosecuting attorney regarding my citations and assorted crap. If I don't go to this meeting, I forfeit the right to a jury trial. What I hope will happen is that he'll see that the cost of a jury trial isn't worth the hassle for such BS charges that he'll go ahead and drop them. I doubt that will happen. My guess is that he'll use some legal wrangling, try to get me to skip the jury trial, and just have the judge rule. I don't particularly trust this judge to understand common sense, so I'm going to insist on the jury. It'll only be a six-person panel, but geez--I haven't told anyone my story who doesn't just shake their head and not believe it. I'm hoping to get a couple of people who have had a miserable run-in with the city police.

So last night, I pulled out the offending license plate, which essentially is the catalyst to all my troubles, as well as my 5 tickets, and my appearance summons. Couldn't find my good magnifying glass, but had this old one from my stamp collecting days (shaddup--I was a geek 35 years ago). Going over everything one more time to see if I could wiggle out...



Well, that was particularly unsatisfying. I'm going to trial next Thursday afternoon. No jury trial (if I lost, I'd have to pay the jury costs. Apparently, trial by jury is reserved for those who can afford it...). Just me, the prosecuting attorney, the asshole cop and the judge. I can only hope that he's had his three martinis for lunch that day...
It's obvious I don't need a magnifying glass here! This week's Mystery Guest has been around for awhile, but with the exception of a cute little butt shot (Yes, and... well, dammit, I can say that!), this is the most he's offered us. Most of us, anyway... He's agreed to revealing his identity, so check back Thursday afternoon. Yes, and if you think you know, stop by his site and say hi!
The Mystery Guest is none other than Philly's most eligible attorney (well, I don't know that for a fact...) TJ at "Yes, and..."! Stop by, and be sure to check his HNT link to see the aforementioned butt!
"...the Other HNT" is a little low on numbers today continuing to grow each week! But definitely NSFW. As always, if you feel like testing your boundaries, this would be the place to do it!
I seem to be making pleas for the Mystery Guest alot these days. I'm down to only two submissions! If you're wanting to be the Mystery Guest, be sure to send me something soon. Remember--anyone who sends in a picture will eventually make it!
And as always, please turn off your word verification for the day!

No comments: