Friday, August 04, 2006

Disappointment & Elation


I've never been a big follower of yin/yang, good/evil, swallow/spit, black/white, in/out, up/down, or the like. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. I figure that things happen, and if they balance out at the end, then you probably did a good job. "But Os," you're asking. "What the hell are you talking about?" I don't really know. I just know that today I was presented with two very different emotions. How will they balance out? I'm not sure.

The first dealt with my HNT this week. I went through the comments, and found that TWO people mentioned the same thing, yet over 150 commenters didn't. To me, I didn't think I'd have to steer people towards it. It was obvious. At least I thought so. I don't know if I'm disappointed in me for expecting it, or in you for not mentioning something. But there was a twinge in my heart.

The other dealt with a fellow HNTer. A fellow Montanan (well, displaced Montanan). One could argue that I've been elated about a couple of them coming home this week. Moose is here, and just.a.girl will be here shortly. And I'm certainly elated about that. But earlier this week I received an email, and then a phone call today, from someone that I've never met. Someone I would have never imagined was from Montana. Learned that by chance. Someone I've never really corresponded with much. But I do read her blog. She's a UofM girl--never a bad thing. I think she grew up with siblings of a friend of mine. We each grew up in different sides of the state. And I'm pretty much a small-town guy; she lives in the biggest of the big cities.

But she's in-state right now. And I'm going to go meet her on Sunday! She'll be Blogger #18 that I've met IRL. Just lunch and a beer. Maybe two. And alot of talking about bloggers, life, the Griz, and other Montana things. Yes, there will be pictures. I'll tell you all about it next week. Will this balance out the earlier disappointment? Most definitely. Will it screw up the final tally? I hope so. Am I rambling? Probably. I blame Velma!

No comments: