Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ah, that smell!

I went to a birthday party for one of my bosses yesterday. The big 5-0. And as expected whenever he hosts a gathering at his house, he hardly sat down. He was fixing burgers and dogs and making sure that everyone's beer was full. And roasting four turkeys in some sort of contraption. The day was one of our first nice weekends of the season, with temps near 90, and a bit of a breeze. But that has nothing to do with this post...

When I walked into the backyard, I was immediately smacked in the face with the smell of lilacs. About a half dozen bushes in full bloom! With the keg sitting in their shadow. And with the gentle breeze, that scent was refreshed all afternoon. I left at a very respectable hour in the early evening, though I could have just as easily consumed too much and pass out under the bushes. Instead, I got home and did a quick search for a lilac picture for my background. And got excited because the lilacs on my side of town haven't bloomed yet... :-)

No comments: