Sunday, September 28, 2008

New things!

You might notice a couple of changes around the Back Row. First off, there's a new poll up in the sidebar. I have pretty much avoided weekly memes throughout my bloglife. I've decided that I should maybe do one, but I don't know which one to choose. I've listed most of the current popular ones. The poll will stay up through Saturday. I'll go with what you guys decide! Vote early and often (you'll have to cheat to do that)!
Second thing below the poll is a table showing the three main football teams that I follow around here. Montana might not come to mind as a football power state, but it's a big deal around here. Maybe not as nutso as Texas. After all, opening day of hunting season around here still trumps a football game. But those three teams have consistently won championships in their various classifications. My former high school, Capital H.S., is the two-time defending champion in the largest classification in the state, and have won 9 championships and 3 times as runner-up in the last 30 years.

Carroll College has won 5 of the last 6 NAIA Championships, and are favored to win again this year. The University of Montana Grizzlies hold the current longest regular season home winning streak in all of football (25 and counting). They also hold the FCS (formerly 1-AA) record for post-season appearances. They have 2 national championships under their belt, as well as 3 or 4 appearances in the championship game.

I have always maintained that small college football is far superior to the FBS (NFL Lite). A division where a losing team "expects" to be able to appear in a bowl game, and a champion can't be determined on the field, is nothing I want to get excited about.

More importantly--I built that little table over there FROM SCRATCH! You CAN teach an old dog new tricks! I've never taken a course in HTML or CCS or any of those other letters. Just a bit of investigation and trial and error!
Don't forget that Boobie-Thon starts up on October 1st! There's going to be plenty of links, so you don't have an excuse not to go check it out!
Also--time is running out to claim a day on the NYC Sex Blogger's Calendar (link is a couple of posts down). If you want to buy a date, it needs to be done by Wednesday, due to printing deadlines. Click the link to get more details!

No comments: