Saturday, May 17, 2008

Well, that was short-lived...

My self-imposed hiatus from posting lasted all of a day...
You may remember that on Monday, I mentioned it snowed. Today we hit 88°, I think. We've skipped from winter directly to summmer.
To celebrate, I started some long-neglected spring cleaning. Not only in my apt., but also on my blog. I finally went through my blogroll with the sole intent of deleting links. I deleted over 200 links, and still have over 500 left!!! And I didn't have the desire to go through M, R, S, T or W! That will take another 3-4 hours, for sure! Most of them were dead links, but alot had gone to passwords, and others had just been neglected for a number of months, even years. If you find that I deleted yours, please let me know and I'll get it back up there!
Thursday was the beginning of the third week of May. Lots of things have happened during that week throughout my life. My sister, S2, was married during this week, as have a couple of my students. There's birthdays to be celebrated (including a really special one just yesterday!). HNT was started during this week. And two other things...
Kamey, who has been mentioned on numerous occasions as one of my beer drinking, road-tripping, concert-going buddies, graduated yesterday from Pacific University with her Doctor of Optometry Degree!! Know what that means, don't you? Free eye exams for life!! Couldn't come at a better time, either... Congrats, Kamey! The beers are on me next month!

















Twenty-eight years ago, at 8:32 AM PDT on May 18, 1980, a 5.1 earthquake caused the north face of Mt. St. Helens to crumble in the largest landslide in recorded history.


If you want to read more on my take of the occasion, go here, and be enchanted by the story of the first true love of my life!

No comments: