Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The End of an Era

As has been mentioned in years past, I'm all over the normal St. Patrick's Day celebrations. For about 15 years, I've had the first green beer out of the tap at O'Toole's. It's a small, family -owned establishment that's been around forever. Very friendly, and very Irish. I've also spent a few hours of my life down in Butte at the M&M with thousands of my best friends.
HOWEVER--this year, I have to be at a symphony rehearsal at 7:45 AM. No Butte, no green beer & shots at O'Toole's, no corned beef and cabbage. I'll eventually get to O'Toole's--the rumor on the street is that they'll close their door for good on Saturday night. Another nice family business closing their doors. I'll have a green beer, if there's anymore left. And a shot of Jameson's or Bushmill's (or both). And I'll sing along with the perpetual Irish music being played. But I'll have a tear in my eye. O'Toole's will be no more...

No comments: