Monday, January 16, 2006

Tagged - Weird Habits

OK, I got tagged by Shay V. This one's harder than I thought it would be!

The first player of this game starts with the topic five weird habits of yourself, and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says You are tagged (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.
  • 1. This isn't as much a habit as it is a quirk, or an automatic reaction. Whenever I pick up my trombone, before I play a note, I have to empty the spit. It doesn't matter if it's been a day since I played, or 30 seconds. I don't play a note before I empty the spit. Most trombonists do the same thing. In fact, at times it looks like it's choreographed within the trombone section!

  • 2. My putting style on the golf course drives opponents nuts. I'm a fairly decent golfer. After I line up the putt, I look at the hole during my stroke, rather than at the ball (insert your own nasty comments here________________________). My accuracy is pretty good, and if I don't make the putt, then it's usually just a short tap in.

  • 3. I name inanimate possessions of mine. Might have to do with the fact I have no family to come home to. You've already met Michelle and Amy. My computers each have a name. My plants are named (though I don't talk to them). Other things around the place, too. And no, they're not all girls' names.

  • 4. I'm the type that doesn't like to "miss" anything. More often than not, I'll arrive someplace (party, concert, whatever) early enough to be the first one there, and usually will be the last one to leave. I'm losing this habit though....trying to anyway...

  • 5. When driving on the highway, I'll read the exit info on the signs, and actually verbalize the names of the towns in reverse. This was a great source of entertainment on my recent road trip to Nashville. I know. I need a life....

And now I tag: Aughra, Moose, Ann, JY Biscuit and Lindsey. Have fun!

No comments: