Wednesday, January 18, 2006

1st Bloggerversary

On Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2005, my bestest and dearest friend Moose decided that she was going to start a blog so that she could keep in touch with her friends. I figured that if she could do it, so could I. Who'da thunk that I'd be up to my neck in it one year later?

I think back to the first bloggers that I interacted with, particularly my first fan, Lizabeth. She's the one who encouraged me to write on a daily basis. Or of Rachel, who has become a very important part of my life (yes, I know the link doesn't work. no, we don't do the nasty, but she is freaky!). Or of the bloggers I've gotten to meet face-to-face (think Lizabeth, Addict, or the entire Nashville road trip crew). I think of those who have shared their weddings, births, pregnancies, body parts, deaths, birthdays, divorces, great spouses, not-so-great spouses, natural disasters, and all the other parts of their lives with me. I feel very fortunate. I feel like I've got closer friends online than in real life. I've had the pleasure of meeting many of them, and hope to see them again. I hope to meet more of them in the future. I hope that there's others out there that will join the circle.

Anniversaries are often used as a springboard for new things. I hope to change my writing style back to the old Os. I have some things in mind for HNT. Those of you involved in "the project"--I promise that will happen! I don't know what the next year will bring. I tend to let things happen at will. I can say that the year has been a blast, and I hope the next one is just as great! Thank you to all of you!

No comments: