Monday, January 16, 2006

Mystery Guest and other random stuff

I still am trying to shake this damned cold/flu/plague or whatever it is that I've got. I'm at least going to work, but by the time I get home, all the energy has been totally drained from me. I had a gig Saturday night that set me back a couple of days. Played well, but as soon as we were through, the energy was totally zapped. Good thing all I really needed to do was watch football! Anyway, some thoughts that popped in over the past week--

I received numerous emails that suggested I reinstate the Mystery Guest. After giving it some thought, I've decided to go ahead and do it. But differently than what we did in the fall. I will give up some space on my HNT and share it with a weekly mystery guest. To keep with the concept of mystery, your MG picture should give us a hint of who you are, without showing so much that there's no question. And you don't need to include me in your picture like last fall! Also different from last fall--I will make the decision from week to week rather than the "committee". So if you want to join in, just email me your picture! Players from this fall are eligible too! I'll run it until it dies a slow, horrible death!

When I wrote my last post, I had no idea it would bring the response it did. Obviously alot of opinions here! I really hadn't intended it to be a confessional or anything. But it did bring out some interesting things. My final comments on the subject--stop and smell the roses. Even if it's only in a handful of sites. Don't feel that you have to leave comments. Don't feel badly about leaving "generic" ones. Don't paste the same comments to all. Maybe take a moment and re-read the guidelines (click on the blue HNT icon). The way HNT is run won't be changing any time soon...

While chatting with a bloggerfriend last night, she mentioned that she'd gone into my older writing--the pre-HNT Os. She mentioned that my writing style was different back then. That there was more "Os" in it then than now. I would agree, as would many who have been here for a long time. I'm going to try to get back to that style soon.

That's about it for now. I'm sick, tired and uninspired. Hopefully I'll get back to my old self this week!

No comments: