Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins: #129 and other stuff...

Weekend plans were shot to hell after a staff meeting on Thursday afternoon. I was informed that I had to have this honkin' big music transcription done this weekend. I was planning on about 4 days after that. So I'll be spending a great deal of time on that, rather than heading up to see Rachel for the weekend. She wasn't a happy camper about it either. She moved away from here over a year ago, and we've seen each other a total of maybe 30 minutes in that time. Not acceptable, Batman!
Speaking of music, the summer concert is coming up unexpectedly fast. The good news--after producing the past eleven of these, things are somewhat automatic. No sense in re-inventing the wheel! The bad news--my lips haven't touched my trombone since the end of March. The good news--my parts for the summer concert are easy (sight-readable easy), so I'll only need a couple of days of practice to get my chops back into shape. The bad news--well...I'll have to come up with something. Nothing's coming to mind.

This week's questions are from Tamy at 3sidesofcrazy; thanks, Tamy!

And...here we go!

1. All children alarm their parents, if only because you are forever expecting them not to do the same things you did at their age.

2. Show me a good loser and I will show you a person who needs to learn to win more often.

3. Eating Milky Ways and drinking beer, under the right circumstances, is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time.

4. Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy running their own lives and living in relative obscurity.

5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine lace and camouflage.

6. It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without onion or barbecue sauce in it.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting my transcription finished, tomorrow my plans include copying music and Sunday, I want to live like I was dying!

Be sure you check out the other FFIers!

No comments: