Thursday, June 04, 2009

Bitchy HNT

I had an idea for this week's HNT, but the pictures I took didn't do a thing for me, so I bagged that idea and went to a standby. But I'd like to bitch first. Nothing bloggie-related, don't worry!

Two new sets of neighbors in the area. Someone moved into the apartment across the street. They spent about 45 minutes early last night revving up a motorcycle in the bed of a pickup truck. This afternoon, the kid roared up on it, being sure to rev it up high before turning it off. He's going to be upset when he sees the large scratch across his gas tank. The other set of neighbors moved into the adjoining apartment building. Not quite sure how they can afford an apartment, other than they probably sell drugs. I don't think either of them can be older than 21, based on dress, look, friends and girls. They seem to be very proud of their car. It's a piece of crap, actually, but must have a couple thousand dollars worth of sound equipment. Including a very powerful subwoofer. This was a fairly quiet neighborhood, but now we get the incessant thump-thump which, swear to God, causes ripples in glass of water 150 yards away, and two rooms into my apartment! Perhaps the motorcycle guys will find the screwdriver used to scratch their gas tank on top of the P.O.S. car! :-)

One block away from me, there is a major water line/road reconstruction project going on. that in itself isn't so bad, but the streets that are closed to traffic force me to take a roundabout way to get home, easily adding a half mile to my route. Doesn't seem like much, but it's the little things...

The price of stamps went up again. Not sure when that happened. Thanks to online banking, the last stamps I bought were the 37¢ ones. Obviously, I need to write more letters...

I really hate the commercials for Wendy's Coffee Toffee Thingy Drink. Do we really need to see it 4 times/hour? Almost makes me wish for the Burger King Kingon ads...

After a gloriously beautiful weekend, we've gone back to cooler temps and gray, cloudy skies. Fortunately, it hasn't rained, but still...

Due to the crack in my computer monitor, and the resulting "bleed" (I should really take a picture), I can't even see the menu bar at the top (which is crucial on Macs). I've done some searching for a way to move it to the bottom, even if it means getting into that weird coding stuff that, if you screw up, kills your computer. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a fix. Time to start saving up money for a new one, I guess...

OK, I think that's enough for the bitching. Here's my HNT!


This week's Mystery Guest is a bit of an enigma. There is so much that we know about her, as she's quite prolific in her writing, yet there is so much more that we don't! She's very good at keeping the stories and the fantasies and the fiction in rotation, so that you never quite know which you're reading! I can say that she loves seduction (especially if she's doing the seducing)! Subtlety does not become her. She'll be revealed late Thursday afternoon, but if you know her, be sure to stop by and say hi to her!
I knew I 'd get some of you! Our MG this week is Kimberly from "The Errant Wife"! If you haven't been by there yet (or even if you have), stop by and say hi!

Be sure to check out your fellow HNTers at "...the Other HNT"! There's a little something for everyone! Mostly NSFW, of course.
Beers and gizzards Thursday afternoon with my high school friends! There may or may not be some drunk texts forthcoming!

No comments: