Thursday, June 18, 2009

Early Morning HNT

I was all set to do a post about how I always get up to catch the sunrise on the first day of summer, and take a picture of it for the blog, but I'll be damned if I can find those posts from years past... Maybe it was some other early morning thing, but I know for a fact they've been taken!! Really!

In any case, the summer solstice occurs this Sunday. The longest day of the year for most of the Northern Hemisphere (I found it interesting that it's not necessarily the longest in certain places...odd). It's also Father's Day! I'm taking the picture now, because the difference in the length of day between this morning and Sunday is something like 18 seconds. Close enough for me! Besides, I'll most likely be fast asleep while visiting Rachel for the weekend. But Lord knows, she's a party animal, so we may just stay up all night to watch the sunrise!

Anyway, I figure if Dana can do this, then so can I. No make-up, bed head, swollen eyes. This is me at 5:35 AM MDT. Top o' the mornin' to ya!


This week's saucy Mystery Guest can't start her morning without that first cup of coffee. That early morning ritual before she has to face the world. She's a true geek. She's a bitch. She's a lover. And all the rest of the lyrics of that song!

"Life is short. Stay awake for it."

Wishing You Were Here . . .
by Karen Suriano
Last night was wonderful making love to you
My fingers instinctively knew just what to do
If I could play piano like my hands played you
I’d be a hit anywhere, in any venue
Absolutely fabulous making love to you
Maybe next time you could be there too
But alone with the sunrise, I'll fire up the brew
God knows I need my coffee more than I need you

This week's coffee-loving Mystery Guest is the rarely-shy Saucy Wildcat! Be sure to get another view of her coffee on her site!

"...the Other HNT" is going through some changes. I caved in and moved it over to "new" Blogger. So it's still being tweaked a bit. One new addition is a widget in the sidebar. It will constantly play through a slideshow of the most recent OHNTs. Best part--you can steal it for your own sidebar, if you desire! Just click the tab at the bottom of the widget and follow the instructions! Not for everyone, but many of you might be interested! Check it out, as well as your fellow HNTers! Definitely NSFW this week.

No comments: