Thursday, November 16, 2006

Improved HNT

Just heard from Spitfire this morning. She just got home from the ER after suffering severe tummy pains. Appendicitis-like. She's on meds and bedrest, and has a follow-up in a couple of days. She'll be surfing today in a post-morphine induced stupor (like we'll be able to tell?). She's just a little bit scared and nervous, and could use your good thoughts, wishes and prayers. Go by and say hi. She said she'd get an HNT up today too, so there's an added bonus!
Sometimes you people are just weird! The number of you who thought I was "cute" with my bedhead last week are freaks! But I appreciate it...

I was so overwhelmed by your outpouring of kindness, that I decided I needed to spruce up the place. Not the blog--my apartment. So I donned a HazMat suit and spent some quality time cleaning the bathroom. For the sickos that asked if I was going to take before and after pics--sorry to disappoint you. Suffice it to say that if you saw some of the before pics, you'd never come back here. Also did a little rearranging of the living room. How is it possible to have LESS space and MORE furniture than you did before you started? All I really have to take care of the bedroom. Might take pics of that...

Also noted that none of you disagreed about needing a haircut. So I took care of that, too. Feel free to compare this one to last week's. An improvement, I believe. Including the Diana Krall poster (personally autographed while backstage in Spokane!) in the background. An improvement all the way around!


I read somewhere that the average lifespan of a blog is 6 months. I find that hard to believe, but it's always notable when a blog hits its first birthday. This week's Mystery Guest is celebrating her first year this week, and has celebrated by making a movie of the year on her new iMac! You can find that here. No--you won't see anything to tell you who it is, but you should be able to tell from her movie.

She comes from the northwest (all the good people do!), where she's been self-employed for 12 years. She's a sold copyrights to a number of her photos, and is a self-professed computer & camera geek. She's also been known to start her own meme! I'll reveal her Thursday afternoon, but if you recognize her gams or her movie, feel free to stop by her place and congratulate her on her first year!
These lovely legs belong to our favorite gardener, Ceeci! Be sure to stop by and congratulate her. You can see see her movie there, too!
A new adventure or two over at the OsShirt's place. Hopefully a couple more by the weekend!
We will have HNT next week, but no specific theme. Yeah, it's Thanksgiving, but we had plenty of participation last year! If you need to take a break though, this might be the week...
"...the Other HNT" is full of all sorts of things that will be NSFW! Be sure to stop by!
I'd really like to get the rest of the "25 Questions" taken care of! See the post below for the details!

No comments: