Saturday, March 11, 2006

Calm Before the Storm

My weekly weekend thoughts--

We start rehearsals this week for our next symphony concert. The music is difficult, intense, loud, and requires bringing in extra musicians. I'll be in fine form in about a week or so! Expect some snarkiness and bitching...
Speaking of snarkiness--be sure to check out the premiere posting of "Estella's Revenge"--a new webzine started by Andi. It should be ready to go by the end of the week! There's a button in the sidebar to get you there.
Thanks for all who posted something on my "Cranky" post (it's been taken down). I hadn't intended for comments, but I got so many emails that I figured I should just allow them. I don't think you'll hear me discuss those subjects again...
I think part of my crankiness comes from caffeine withdrawal. Being the good, twice-a-year Catholic that I am, I still try to give up something for Lent. I've decided on Diet Coke w/Lime (which is usually a 1 gallon/day habit). Actually, all types of soft drinks. Replaced with water. It didn't bother me much until this past week. Complete with headaches, sleeplessness and yes, crankiness. I'm better now. As a sidenote--I haven't ordered fast food or had a beer in all this time either. Damn! What am I doing to myself??
I am growing impatient waiting for spring to show up here (I don't want to hear about how nice it is in Texas!). I don't think I'm alone in this, and I think there's been a general lack of blog inspiration in many of us because of it.
We've got a gig tonight, so my afternoon will be spent setting up and running a sound check, then sitting around for a long while. It's a dance AFTER dinner and speeches. That's generally not a good thing. But it's a MT Democratic Party function, so it might be OK. The only thing I understand less than politics is women, and there's sure to be plenty of both there tonight! I'll try to get some pics...
I spent almost two hours on the phone last night with a blogger that I've never had the chance to talk to. We've emailed quite a bit, but this was the first time we've actually talked to one another. Anyone who knows me IRL knows that I'm not much of a phone talker. But this was great! Thanks for a wonderful conversation!
In the next day or two, be looking for a new CD contest. Since I smoked everyone on the last one, I figured I should give you guys a second chance. Not sure how I'll do it, but I'll try. I still won't use any classical or jazz.
For those who care or are interested, I've started my "100 Things About Me" list. I've gotten 5 written down so far! Look for it in the future.
Did anyone notice that my blue Hawaiian shirt made an appearance last week? What's up with that???

No comments: