Thursday, September 06, 2007

Itchy, Burny, Tired HNT

I have a confession this week...this picture was actually taken in March of this year. It's part of my woefully neglected 365 project over on Flickr (I have all sorts of new respect for those who can continue that, including ~Kell~, Insatiably Sassy, Phain and Leesa!). For me, it provides a nice archive to dip into when necessary.

And I find it necessary this week. Another confession...I haven't had a decent night's sleep in about five days. Weird dreams, moving from the bed to the couch and back again, waking up with leg pains. I know I've whined here on occasion about the smoke, but I think it's finally taken its toll on me. Not just the heavy, ashy days, but the hazy days that almost look clear. Just enough smoke in the air to breathe in, or to squint through. Still plenty of great sunrises and sunsets, but two straight months of this is enough!

So this is what I look like with my itchy, burny, tired eyes. Hopefully the fall will bring some quick relief!

14/365

I'm really excited about this week's Mystery Guest! I would imagine that many of you are oblivious to her existence--she tends not to comment here that she's up. She's actually coming up on the first anniversary of her first HNT!

This MG has a couple of kids, a new job, and a great looking tattoo! She's seen Neil Diamond in concert, and can sing all the words to "Sweet Caroline" (but really, can't we all??). She also knows all the words to Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back". No accounting for musical tastes!

I'll be revealing her Thursday afternoon, but if you think you know who she is, be sure to stop by her place and say hi!
This week's MG is Oblivion, from "Day In the Life of Oblivion"! Stop by and say hi!

"...the Other HNT" is fairly light in submissions this week... I'll attribute that to the long weekend. Still NSFW though! Be sure to stop by and leave some comments!
As mentioned here last week, and for weeks before on his own site, Lecram claimed today as the day to show off your sarongs! If you remember last year, he even had an extensive "how-to" post on exactly how to wrap and wear the thing. Be sure to check out his list of participants--there's sure to be some non-HNTers joining in as well!
Don't forget that NEXT week will be the SPORTS HNT! Go here for the details on that (go to the bottom of the post).
Thanks to those of you who joined in on the Dorky Tuesday this week! This was a one-time deal. Well, maybe once a year. Dork on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Oblivion the one in love with Desperate Husband?