Monday, April 17, 2006

Thanks again, y'all!

First things first. Thank you to all of you who had birthday wishes for me on your sites. There were a number of you that mentioned it, and I'm sure that I missed a few. And thanks to those who left me wishes in the comments. And a little more of a special thanks to those who sent me cards, ecards, phone calls, texts, emails (with or without "attachments"), gifts or promises of gifts in the near future. In alphabetical order: Aaron, Jessica, Kamey, Kirsten, Kristen, Leanne, Leela, Leesa, Liisa, Lindsey, Melanie, Mellissa, Michelle, Nicolle, Rachel, Sarah, Summer, Tammy and Vicki. Yes, I know that it's almost entirely women. Deal with it! My apologies if I missed anyone!

The weekend was pretty laid back for me. I had to put in about 3 hours at work Saturday morning, which wasn't too bad. I stopped by to see the parents and reminisce about my entry into the world, and my father's 50th birthday party, and how old he seemed at the time... Stayed home all night and surfed and talked on the phone for hours (not a normal thing for me to do, but I'm finding myself doing it more often). Thank God for free nights and weekends!

Sunday was a little more active. Went to church, then off to brunch with the whole family. Had to do a little work for the Symphony in the early afternoon, then picked up Rachel and went to the parent's place again for a birthday/Easter dinner. Usually the 2 BILs, the Nephew and I are relegated to the kiddie table, but since it was my birthday celebration, and brought company, I got to have dinner at the big table! Lots of food, beer, dessert and talk. And every one of us was ready to fall asleep by 7:00. Yeah, that's a little pathetic.

All in all, a pleasant weekend. Be ready for the next week, because I'm going to rub it in your face that I'M GOING TO THE CARIBBEAN IN 5 DAYS! Later.....

No comments: