Thursday, December 08, 2005

Special Announcement HNT

Tympani roll, please....
Cue the lights....
Have the dancing girls ready to go....
Fireworks are primed....
Animals know where to go....
So let's do it....

OsTour '05
Is Coming To
Nashville !!!


That's right! Next Saturday, Dec. 17th, I'll be in the fair city of Nashville, Tennessee! I'll be in the area to see the NAIA Championship football game between Carroll College (yay!) and the University of St. Francis (boo!) in a rematch of last year's championship game! Details are still being worked out, and there are a few HNTers that knew about this in advance, because I can't do this all alone! Some of the Klineapalooza girls are in charge of the Saturday night festivities. If you're in the area, everyone is invited to party on Saturday night. I hope to have a separate blogsite set up so you can check on details. That will hopefully be up by the morning. Just to get an idea of the numbers, if you think you might be joining us, let us know so that we don't totally overrun some poor, unsuspecting drinking establishment! You can check here for some updates, but eventually, everything will be done from there.

I am excited beyond words. Last year, both the U of M Grizzlies and the Saints were playing in their respective championship games ON THE SAME WEEKEND, BOTH IN TENNESSEE!!! I vowed this year that I would go if both made it, or at least the Saints did, but little did I know at the time that I would "know" people down there! So that's it. I have spent a week planning a route both to and from Nashville (I'm driving, by the way...). The basic route is Helena to Souix Falls, to Kansas City, to St. Louis, to Nashville (game is in Savannah, TN), then back by way of Rochester, MN (I get to see Kalani!!!!), and across South Dakota back to Helena.

More details will come out. LOTS of pics to be taken. LOTS of stories to be told. If the car and the $$ hold out...

Due to all the work, worry and general busy-ness of the past week, I'm a bit lame on my post. This is not "half-nekkid". This is me, in front of my pep band, at a Saints playoff game from 2 years ago. The high temperature of the afternoon was 7 degrees. The woodwinds were fairly useless at that temperature, but the brass were quite functional after applying liberal amounts of peppermint schnapps to the slides and valves. We actually made it through to halftime! So in honor of their 4th straight appearance in the championship game, I give you a very cold, not very half-nekkid, HNT!


Be sure to check out the early posts from Australia and other points east! Sasha, Wenchy, and Paul so far.... Also come back in a day and catch those who post late--they deserve our lovin' too!

No comments: