Monday, March 07, 2005

Outdoor Drunks

It's interesting to see that all the bloggers I read (including me) sort of took the weekend off. I'll assume that it's because we all turned off our computers and enjoyed the big, bad, wonderful world out there. Or we were all brain dead and had nothing to write. Well, now it's a new week, so let's get to it!

After my rant last week about jury duty and St. Patrick's Day, I thought I'd look to see what sort of publicity In Cahoots might be getting for our gig. I stumbled on a wonderful site about St. Patrick's Day in Butte--OutdoorDrunks.com. It's got a great page that sort of condenses the day and expectations. Where to go, what to do, what you'll see, etc., etc. And links to previous years, bars, ratings, and other bits of interest. It appears that it's a group of friends who hit all the big party gatherings in southwest Montana, and get pictures of the festivities. St. Patrick's Day in Butte, Rockin' the Rockies concerts, road trips, concerts--you name it, they're there! Be sure to check out the entire site. They look like they're living a beer commercial--everyone happy, smiling, etc. Just friends out having a good time!

I find myself a little envious of these people. I partied just fine when I was their age--took the pictures, organized the trips. But there's no way I could do that anymore. I just don't have the stamina. Call it old age, call it maturity--whatever the reason, I doubt I could keep up. Ah, to be young again....

No comments: