Friday, June 06, 2008

Tagged Once Again

It's Friday night, and I'm on the computer. Just waiting for House to come on. Damn, I live an exciting life...

I got tagged by Phaedrous (longtime blogger/former HNTer/generally a good guy) with this tag that many of you have already done. Hope I don't have the same answers as you did! Of course, there's the rules:
  1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning of the post.
  2. Each player answers the questions about themselves in their post.
  3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
  4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1. What was I doing ten years ago? - Not much different than what I'm doing now (sad...). I was manager of a CD store, playing in the Symphony and with In Cahoots, directing the pep band at the local college, and working on the production of the first Montana Summer Symphony concert (a highly questionable venture at the time--a highly successful (but different) endeavor ten years later). Then, as now--no wife, kids, girlfriend, or pets. Ooh--I didn't have any plants back then!

2. What are five things on my list to do today? - Well, this will be tomorrow's to-do list:
  1. Get out of bed (usually not a big problem. I've been getting up earlier these days with the sun. At this point in my life, I have a dwindling number of days left, so the longer the days, the better!).
  2. Join 7000+ of my neighbors for the annual Governor's Cup Race being held tomorrow. There's a marathon, half-marathon, 10K, 5K, and all sorts of extra-curricular events. Oh, wait. You don't think I'm running in this thing do you??? It's kind of fun to hang around near the finish line and watch everyone with that "God, why did I just do this?" look on their faces! In years past, I've set out a lawn chair with a cooler of beer along the race route. I'm sure the runners appreciate my support.
  3. Go hit the Farmer's Market. Doubt I'll buy anything--all that fresh vegetables and fruits, and not a frozen pizza to be found! But there's a good chance I'll run into some people, and I'm in need of seeing some faces (not that your faces aren't appreciated, but, you know what I mean...)
  4. Work on the stage set-up for the aforementioned summer concert. I have to squeeze many musicians into a limited, and confined space. Thankfully, I have prior years' designs to help out my planning.
  5. Stop by to see my parents. Dad's 75th birthday is coming up, and party plans need to be devised!
3. Snacks I enjoy? - Have you seen me? There's not a snack I don't like! Actually, I don't really snack much. But specifically--peanuts and cashews are never passed up. Potato chips with dill pickle dip (Nalley's--only one place in town to find it). Surprisingly, I don't keep sweets around, though Cadbury's Eggs at Eastertime are always in danger. And possibly a surprise--I love fresh fruit. Apples, pears, oranges. Unfortunately, I don't usually have them at in stock. Same thing with raw carrots and celery. If I have them around, they don't usually last very long.

4. Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire? - Well, first of all, there's all the "noble" things to take care of...family, friends, charities, non-profits, scholarship endowments, my statue in the park, etc. Then invest some, or whatever it is that rich people do. Then I'd get my horn fixed--she's a little battered. Then a kick-ass stereo system. Then go in and get my body re-done. Lord knows there's plenty that could be fixed with enough cash thrown at it. THEN...I think I'd travel every weekend (as long as there wasn't a symphony concert planned, because I don't think I'd give that up...). Not week-long trips to exotic places, but weekends spent with you guys. Maybe longer. Yeah, I know that's corny, but that's what I'd do. Maybe throw an OsParty from time to time (on my dime, of course). Do OsTour in style! Did I mention the private jet?

5. Three of my bad habits?
  1. Procrastination. There's nothing that can't wait until tomorrow.
  2. Pontification. I have an opinion on almost everything, I'm almost always right, and I'm generally not afraid to let you know.
  3. Prolongation. I don't know if that's a word, but when I really get involved with something, I won't let go of it for a long time. Whether it's working on an arrangement, surfing the net, or playing sudoku--I spend WAY too much time on things. Yes, it seems to be in conflict with the procrastination, but that's the way it is.
6. Five places I have lived? - In no specific order:
  1. Helena, MT
  2. Wallace, ID
  3. St. Louis, MO
  4. Missoula, MT
  5. Ronan, MT
7. Five jobs I've had? - Again, in no specific order:
  1. CD store manager
  2. Music teacher
  3. File clerk
  4. Office manager (secretary/boy wench/whatever you might want to call it)
  5. Non-profit executive director
8. How did you name your blog? - Well, it refers to where I sit in the orchestra. The low brass all sit in the back row. And usually elevated on a riser. Much of the time is spent counting rests, or waiting for the strings to get their part right, or reading magazines because, in spite of the glorious sounds from the low brass, we are best experienced in short doses. It also gives me a great deal of time to think about all sorts of things, and the result is "Views From the Back Row". It's apparent I must think an awful lot about half-nekkidness, isn't it?

Now I'm supposed to tag 5-6 others. I normally don't do that, but I'm all for being abnormal, so I tag the Sassy One, Evening, Her (from Blissfully Wed), Cowgirl, and the Covert Lover. If you've already done this one, go ahead and steer us back to it. Have fun!

No comments: