Friday, February 01, 2008

Blue, Red and VD

I love the fact that I can play some of you like a fiddle. I knew full well that many of you wouldn't read all the way through and see that my 19 y.o. date was my niece. Thanks for not disappointing me! Oh, and for those of you who asked...the blue on my face was water-soluble. Not grease paint. It came off/out remarkably quickly!


We had a great time. It's the first time that I've had an "adult" conversation with her, as opposed to being "one of the kids". I took her to dinner, then we headed up to the concert. She had NO idea of what to expect, whereas, I had a just an inkling. If you've never been to a Blue Man concert, let's just say that there's alot of visual stimulation. And audience participation. The music, for the most part, wasn't anything you'd recognize, but it didn't matter. The back-up band was superb (and tight). And other than the James Taylor concert I went to in 2001, this was the BEST sound I've ever heard in that building. Even better than the Chicago concert last August.

The only downside of the night was the presence of the Camera Nazis. Digital cameras were not allowed by the venue (I wonder if they'd have the same problem with a 35mm camera with a honkin' big zoom??). BMG encourages photos to be sent to their website, so it wasn't their decision. I snuck a few pics in before I could feel the steely gaze of "security" aimed in my direction. Oh, well. Here's a couple that I got (click 'em to big 'em!):


Ah, the color RED. It means so many things. It's the color of love and of passion. It's the color of danger. It's the color of hate and rage. Such a versatile color. Valentine's Day falls on a Thursday this year. People tend to have polar thoughts about the day. You either love it and look forward to it, or you hate it and hate those who love it. Well, since we can't change the day it falls on, we'll need to make the best of it. That means--A THEME!!

For the HNT on Valentine's Day, the theme is
RED. That means wearing red lingeries, or red-heart boxers, or showing off your red hair, or some other form of red in your pictures. Of course, that means that red blood dripping from a dagger or a Dear John letter in red ink works just as well! The theme, then, is not love, nor hearts, nor Cupid per se, but the color RED. Have fun!

BTW--Pink is not RED!

For those of you who ARE in love, Exile has a fun thing to try. It's the 14-Day VD Treatment! It's already started, so you might have to improvise or catch up. Click on the button below to check out the details. Looking forward to daily reports from some of you!

The 14 Day VD Treatment

No comments: