Saturday, June 03, 2006

Ten Unspoken Messages

I found this meme on alot of sites and hadn't planned to do it, but I liked what Tish wrote. Since she's constantly telling me I should play this meme or do that quiz or whatever, I told her I'd do this one, just for her. I would add, as others have mentioned on theirs, that this is quite cleansing for the soul. As noted in my infamous rant from this February, it's amazing how closely my real life parallels my online life!

List ten things you want to say to ten people you know, but never will for whatever reason. Don’t say who they are. (I was confused by the term "people you know", so some of these would be directed to RL people--the rest would be directed to people I've met online. Sorry--no other clues!) Use each person only once.
  • You are so completely different now that when we first met! I know you went through a rough stretch that I wouldn’t wish on anyone, but I think you’re stronger for it, and you came through it with flying colors. There’s still much to work on, I believe, but be proud of what you’ve accomplished so far!

  • I absolutely loved our time together that summer. Things got a little messy at the end, and that was my fault. It certainly wasn’t what I envisioned. But to hide away after that without explanation—that wasn’t right. I’m still a little hurt by it, but I do wish you the very best.

  • Don’t be so melodramatic. It’s just another negative force that continues to keep the rest of us from moving forward. You are certainly not irreplaceable! If it’s too difficult to just use common sense and courtesy, then maybe we should part ways. It wouldn’t be any skin off our collective noses!

  • You sat high upon your moral throne, totally unaware of the reality that swirled all around you. You were never supportive of what was going on, in spite of the support received by virtually everyone else. In your mind, I was dispensable. If I were more a part of the “family”, I doubt you would have taken the same actions. You tossed away a very good thing, in spite of all the cries against it. Now it’s coming back to bite you on the ass, and you’re not there to take it anymore. Then again, I doubt you’d recognize you were being bitten.

  • Your pity party is getting really old. You’ve pretty much lost any credibility you used to have. Get over it. If that means getting professional help, then go get it. Yes, things are fucked up for you, but you’ve set yourself up for it. The whining needs to stop. You haven’t made an honest attempt to change your life or take care of things yourself. You used to have dreams of what could be. Now you just have fantasies of things that never can be. Your friends and family deserve better.

  • You seem to be a remarkable person. You face your future with a calm and a grace that few of us ever could. And you’re living your life to the fullest. When all is said and done, I think you can hold your head high!

  • I just don’t get it. Why you? Why can’t some see through you as well as others do? You suck them in somehow. Deceit, flattery, faint praise—apparently that’s all it takes. It’s like watching moths coming to the flame. You are incredibly hypocritical, yet you get people to buy into it. Personally, I’m glad we’re not friends. But it’s still amazing to watch. I just don’t get it.

  • You were a good friend, but things really went much further than they ever should have. I apologize for that. If there’s one thing in my life that I’d love to go back and change, it would be our relationship. I miss that friendship. I don’t blame you, nor do I “hate” you. I hope you’re doing well, wherever you may be.

  • You are a fascinating woman. By your own admission, you are quiet and shy. At the same time, you are amazingly sexy and provocative. You are a master of your craft. Your life’s journey has brought you tons of knowledge, yet you are also blisfully naïve. A woman who is wonderfully open, but is equally full of secrets. I wish we’d met at an earlier time!

  • I’m sad that things between us ended in the manner that they did. We used to be able to talk about anything/everything. I warned you about him, even after that shit that should have gotten him canned. I stuck by you, even after he “forbid” you to talk with me. You know I thought that marriage was a bad idea. And look at how things are now. I don’t often say this, but “I told you so.”

No comments: